Sign in to follow this  
co***do

ENGINE TEMP???

Hi, new on here, just bought a 2.0 16v corrado today :D and on the drive home the temp was at 100! is this the normal running temp for these cars? :shrug: Thanks, Sean

oil or water?

water should sit in middle of the gauge, if it sits permanently at 3/4 when warmed up and dips a bit every now and then the first speed of the radiator fan may not be triggered by the temperature switch on the radiator, common fault.

16v's tend to sit about 100-108 oil temp, which is warmer than an 8v engine but fine.

Hi, new on here, just bought a 2.0 16v corrado today :D and on the drive home the temp was at 100! is this the normal running temp for these cars? :shrug: Thanks, Sean

I hust braought a 2lt 16vl last week. On a gental drive the oil temp on the mfa sits around 90, after giving it some beans it goes up to around 100 and the fan comes on some were in the middle.

But as its been very nice weather the last few days it has been hovering around the 100 mark

The water temp when warmed up is just over 100, not sure about the oil temp!

So what temps does the 2 stage fan jobby kick in?

duno if you guys seen it, but i bought the black one with leather intirier off of ebay, the one in Helston! love it :D

It changes on chassis number...

upto 50-P-020000 it's 191959481C

and after it's 1H0959481B

The later one is a round type plug, early one is flat with 3 connections in a row

What are the two stages of fans on a VR6? Is there any way to test them? I might be being a biff, but I thought my car only had one fan? :cuckoo:

right just hada look and fink its the earlyer one!

if i put a new one of these on will this make the fan come on at both temps? my fan comes on at the higher temp already!

if you look the fan motor has 3 pins on the conector, live feed, earth and a resisted live feed (the slower speed)

the fan switch in the radiator simply switches between off and the two circuits to the fan, so it's possible the motor is duff on speed 1

if you remove the temp switch from the radiator, heat over a gentle flame (low gas hob?) then when it clicks it will be switching to the first fan speed cicuit, just check the continuity with a multimeter or test light, if you heat it for a bit longer the second circuit should make

then you know if the switch is duff or the motor

don't blame me if you burn your fingers though brass sensors get hot if heated :)

hi there av got 20l 1an kicks in 6v corrado at the min the water temp sits around 90 up to 110 then the fan kicks in but thats norml oil temp can go up to 120 at times but thats just how they are . if u need any bits let me no cuz am convetin mine to 20v turbo