Sign in to follow this  
slimtim

Boot light

I'm pretty certain that it's in the springy press thing that opens the boot slightly when you unlock it and press the release. It's on the bootlid anyway, about 1cm diameter black plastic sprung thing...

They corrode quite bad. I bought one for my MK3 Golf which cost a daft £5 odd. You can replace the switch on its own.

The wires could be broken in the rubber tubes that feed the wires ou of the boot lid?

Gavin

I'm pretty certain that it's in the springy press thing that opens the boot slightly when you unlock it and press the release. It's on the bootlid anyway, about 1cm diameter black plastic sprung thing...

Nah...nowt behind that inside the tailgate dude. It is as you say, merely to keep the boot off the latch whilst you open it.

G60 renshaw is correct, it's in the latch mechanism.

K

Nah...nowt behind that inside the tailgate dude. It is as you say, merely to keep the boot off the latch whilst you open it.

G60 renshaw is correct, it's in the latch mechanism.

K

Cool, 8) I'll file that in with the rest of the bits and bobs I've picked up here for when mine stops working... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Indeed it is in the locking mechanism. There's mention of it in the Bentley manual. Anyhow the reason I ask is because with the boot light connected, I get a flat battery in a couple of days. I'm 100% sure that the light is going off with the boot closed (back seats down and check) but I was wondering whether a dodgy switch could cause a current leak.

A friend has the same problem - has anyone had similar?

Indeed it is in the locking mechanism. There's mention of it in the Bentley manual. Anyhow the reason I ask is because with the boot light connected, I get a flat battery in a couple of days. I'm 100% sure that the light is going off with the boot closed (back seats down and check) but I was wondering whether a dodgy switch could cause a current leak.

A friend has the same problem - has anyone had similar?

Get a multi meter out and check the current drain with the light bulb in and out, that will tell you if its the light. could be a duff battery though!!