Sign in to follow this  
Randomjord

Oh what to do!

Yeah bad news guys, my charger blew up today, im sooo pissed its unbelievable, it just seems this car hates me, since i bought it off someone on here in march i have spent near on a further £3k correcting the bodges and general bits, got it back thursday an it felt awesome! even put the cash aside to have the charger off to JMR this week, but on saturday i had a double blow out, and today this. just makes me think i dont want this car anymore, ive got my eye on a new Scirroco anyway but i wanted to keep this!

What would you do in my shoes, break it or sell it as is to someone who knows what theyre doing?

Cheers

Jords

If you've spent 3k on it since you bought it and plan to sell it on without a charger, then i reckon you'll be lookin at a big loss financially. I'd be tempted to take the opportunity to stick a better (than standard) charger on it, accept the loss of the old one and forget about the new rocco. Already see almost as manys as golfs now, common as muck! :lol:

Plus it can't need THAT much more doing having had 3k chucked at it recently??!

2p :D

Get a new / refurb charger off G-Werks and hang onto it. If you've plouged 3k into it now you must have worked out the worst of the gremlins.. a new charger should be the icing on the cake :)

I know how you feel. My wiper linkage, sunroof and coolant hose gave up within 100 miles of picking mine up on Saturday :lol:

As pianowire says; the cars must know when they've been sold as loads of things always go wrong after a new owner gets there hands on it :lol:

In spite of all this, i'm loving my Corrado more and more every day :smug:

Oh i forgot to mention that i think its messed up the engine

Yeah, i see where your comin form regarding keeping it, but i actually hate the car, with a passion, im not fussed by the loss, its a hobby afterall so it happens.

I think il just Mothball it until i chill, then put something worthwhile in there! :D

Hey Jords, as the guys above said, there's a general 'tell me about it' vibe with these stories.

I had an 1999 S3, looked stunning (pic attached - i think!) real head turner blah blah, I got it back from local garage early this year and it was flying. Then two days later one of the rear wheels collapses inwards, knackering the axle, destroying the suspension arm, gear linkage etc etc. I hated it from that day on and couldn't wait to get rid. But it wasn't just the wheel problem, I never really liked it in the first place - I wasn't connected to it the way I was to my old green VR.

Yeah, it had issue's, (que violins and me looking off into the distance!) but really only three majors probs. The first was coolant hose/ new radiator: common prob so fair play. 2nd was Heater Matrix: again common issue. And third was my own doing by buying the cheapest tyre/alloy package and not getting properly balanced and having to fork out on new tyres. Total damage over that year was 2k.

I'd walk right up to the guy who bought off me and get her back but I've not a bean to spend, and I'm now driving a 1.2 1996 Clio :brickwall:

So be thankful for that at least :lol: Personally, I'd moth-ball it and come back to it later with some love :cheers: