Sign in to follow this  
Macca88

how can i get my dent out?

ive just recently got a dent in my c (dont ask how i got it lol) and its above the left wheel arch on the fold.....now corrados are double skinned!!!! :bad-words: and i cant get to it through the engine... so how can i get this dent out!?

Can't you get to it from the wheel-side?

There's a "dust-cap" thing there in the wheel-arch that can be removed with a few screws. That's what I like to call it anyway.. :shrug:

Should be possible, since that whole panel can be removed also.

a picture would help a lot for us to give you some advice.

anyway, have you tried with it?

desatascador.jpg

It will help you ONLY if it is superficial... and not in the wheel arch (I mean, directly on it).

heat the area with a hair dryer, then turn a can of air upside down and spray on dent (this will just spray out propellant which is cold) - the expansion then rapid contraction should get dent out with a satisfying pop!

doesn't work for all dents but smallish shallow dents are moderately successful

or call a PDR techinician - will get it out in a matter of minutes...

i've bought all the so called dent pullers and ding kings and none really work unless its a big dent done with a large round object, like a football, then the dent just pings out.

if you had creases when the metal is tight then i'd left it to a pro

heat the area with a hair dryer, then turn a can of air upside down and spray on dent (this will just spray out propellant which is cold) - the expansion then rapid contraction should get dent out with a satisfying pop!

Seriously? Neat trick! :D

As others have said, remove the arch liner and you'll get behind it no worries. Front wings are single skinned. You get various plastic tools for negotiating panels back to shape (with some heat) but if it's right on a crease.... tricky.

Seriously? Neat trick! :D .

Yup! I went around my old mondeo with an inverted air duster, and surprisingly it did actually take a few of the dents out. Didn't cause any damage to the paintwork either (not that I would really have been bothered about damaging the mondeos paintwork)

I have this problem on my driver side door, the dent is across the fold in the panel so you can't "pull" it out. If i managed to remove the panel i suppose i could tap it out but the chances of leaving creases in the body work are high from past experience working on my old Polo G40.

In the end i sanded, filled and re-sprayed that section of my door (on the polo). It took about 2-3 hours and once it was done it looked fine. But i would only do that method if you know the metal will crease as its a little time consuming and allot can go wrong if your not careful or try to rush the procedure.

This is a good guide for wheel repair which has the same kinda method you would need to follow. Just ensure you buy a filler that bonds well to STEEL and not ALUMINIUM as described in the guide.+

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/realwhda.html

I remember pulling out a ding on the golf. I say ding, it was more a foot sized crumple to the front wing. I remember pulling it out with G-clamps and rope; then hitting it hard. Luckily old man was a body work inspector for ford and sorted it; was mazed to learn that a curved metal shape will smooth something out in the opposite curve; odd.

Im sure the above was right; if its on the detail line, and creases, you'll need a pro to do it, and using heat, as the metal will have stretched. Takes some skill to get it back. Most peepe tend to fill; its much easier.