Sign in to follow this  
vagingit.co.uk

Electrics/speedo problems,help please

Ive just had a phone call from my other half, she drove her car last night, and whilst she was driving, the gauges started to stop working, rev counter, fuel and temp gauges, and finally the speedo have all stopped working! The dash lights havnt stopped though!

Now, that was bad enough, but I thought they must all be connected, so will have to pay someone to have a look, but now, the spoiler went up like it should do, but hasnt dropped, even using the button under the dash hasnt brought it back down!

Any ideas guys, she wasnt very upset when I spoke to her, so any advice I could pass on may cheer her up a bit!

mine did this a little while back and i had a play with the headlight switch and they came back on again, still occours now and again but disconecting the battery overnight tends to solve all my electrical woes, first point of call for me would be the bonnet earth strap, i had some problems with crazy engine oil and water temps showing and replacing the earth strap solved ll of these problems :-)

sorry i couldnt tell you more but hope this helps you a little

rob