Sign in to follow this  
russlench

9A Rebuild Help!!!

I've encountered a slight problem! Has anyone seen this before?

I'm currently rebuilding a 9A, I have new oversize Wiseco Pistons and upon installing the first one noticed the piston fouling on the oil squirter jet.

I've searched to see if anyone has experienced this before and if i could find a solution - not been able to find anything.

Can anyone help me with this please?

pistonclearance.jpg

I've encountered a slight problem! Has anyone seen this before?

I'm currently rebuilding a 9A, I have new oversize Wiseco Pistons and upon installing the first one noticed the piston fouling on the oil squirter jet.

I've searched to see if anyone has experienced this before and if i could find a solution - not been able to find anything.

Can anyone help me with this please?

pistonclearance.jpg

That's not very good is it?!? I'd send them back and complain. If you can't send them back then you'll have to run without oil squiters or modify the pistons to clear and then if your bothered have them rebalanced. bummer I'd be pi55ed! How far off are they in millimeters?

Sorry to be clear is the piston fowling the the square base of the squirter or the small bent tube of the squirter? If it's the tube can you not just adjust it's position? :shrug:

Thanks for your relpies guys - I'm not keen on sending the pistons back as I waited 6 months for them to arrive.

It is the nozzles that are fouling - I removed one, bent it slightly, checked that it hadn't affected the flow through the nozzle then put it back and checked clearance.

That seemed to solve the problem, so I did the same for the other three. I didn't however anticipate that the new position would now foul on the conrod during piston installation, :censored:olocks!

With the next piston I put in I ended up bending the nozzle pretty much all the way round so that it's direction would spray oil straight onto the sump plug - a bit of reverse engineering now required!

Hmmm sounds like your gonna have to make some repairs. but you can still buy these from the dealer i would think and they aren't ridiculously expensive. Worth asking if it is weakened or breaks.