Sign in to follow this  
Typhy

would any of you consider

using your corrado against a new car in the scrappage scheme, i never thought about this until recently and i hate the thought of another classic been taken off the road, but tbh if its about the money then your getting 2k for a car that i personally couldnt sell for £1200. Ive been looking into the twingosport which with 2k off is only 10 grand brand new or maybe a new focus RS (obviously this is abit of a jump from the twingo) i hear that if the cars that are traded in are particularly rare they will be stripped and sold onto others for parts to keep some of the classic cars alive so not all bad?

What are your thoughts?

Just don't think I could bring myself to do it to be honest. There are barely any cars under £10,000 I'd want anyway that would, realistically, come close to a Corrado in terms of 'smiles per gallon' - and if you can afford to spend over £10,000 on a car, I don't think £800 difference between trading in the car and selling it privately so it can live on is going to matter to you....

So no. I just wouldn't ever chop a Corrado in on this ridiculous scheme. A rotten Metro or something yes. Not a Corrado.

btw just to clarify i didnt say i was gonna deffo do it i just ment i have been readin into it. dnt wanna upset ne1 haha

If your corrado is in a dire state then i dont see why not. If you've got one with interstella miles and knackered paint which is worth a few hundred then i say fair play. I cant see many people scrapping a car like this though, because the sorts of people that own corrados are not the sorts of people that would spend £10k on a brand new car.

Personally i'd rather spend £10k on a car thats 2-3yrs old and get alot more for my money.

you might find it hard to do a scrappage deal on the Focus RS,as I think they are all sold out,also I believe there is a clause in the scheme whereas the car that is being bought has to have a quick delivery date

dno if the rs is sold out bt reading fords site it does say that you can use to scrappage scheme with it

by using this weblink you could get yourself over £1000 discount on the renault. this would mean selling your car for £1200 would put you £200 above what the scrappage scheme could offer.. i found that in seconds, i bet you could get a better deal if you looked round.

the government are not keeping 'spares' from any scrapped cars. the whole point is supposed to be getting older cars off the road, so keeping spares to keep them on the road contradicts that!

registration and delivery and of the new car needs to be within 4 months of order. the car must have a current MOT at time of order, but not needed at time of delivery.

On this subject- Assuming you want to buy a new car regardless of the scheme, what's to stop you going and buying a £50 banger from a garage/scrappy, driving it down the road and effectively selling it for £2000 when you get a new car? Do you have to have owned the 10yr old car for a certain length of time?

what about, £10,000 loan, and pimp a rado into a monster!!!!!

ummm corrado or a ford ummm????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: some people hey :lol: :lol: :lol:

but in all seriousness, i would rather buy 2 corrados, one a daily the other a fookin wkend beast!! if you can afford that much, but i am only into one type of car so i would say that...

I agree, for £10k get a low mileage mint rado, chuck some insane engine and 4WD on it and have more BHP and fun than any ford could ever give you...

Or something else interesting like a V8 turbo capri :lol:

I agree, for £10k get a low mileage mint rado, chuck some insane engine and 4WD on it and have more BHP and fun than any ford could ever give you...

fords make me chuckle :lol: :lol:

it would give you more fun than any other car for 10K imo, anyone think of a better idea??

it would give you more fun than any other car for 10K imo, anyone think of a better idea??

You can buy a good E39 M5 for a lot less than £10k right now. That's a helluva lot more of a performance car than anything made by FoMoCo except the Ford GT.

You can buy a good E39 M5 for a lot less than £10k right now. That's a helluva lot more of a performance car than anything made by FoMoCo except the Ford GT.

but you would look like a gay business man :lol:

who ever said there scrappin all the really old classic rare cars is wrong, because i already read a govenrment thing somewhere saying that if the cars trated are particularly special and can be used to keep older marques alive for ppl who dont want to scrap theres then they will be broken for parts, obviously shitty old fiestas n things yeah bin em, it was just a question about what ppl thought about the whoel thing theres no need to flame me.

My friend was just given 2k agaisnt a mk3 golf with 1 day of MOT left on it agaisnt a brand new seat ibiza. the golf was only worht a 100£ apparently ( or thats what the trade price was) so well worth the 2k if u ask me.

Focus RS's are cool. open ure mind ino that lots of ppl on here obviously love there rado and it was only a question, yeah if your mr amazing mechanic then you can spend a bucket load making it schit hot cant you.

just dont flame me lol =]

oh and by the way i never said i had seen the focus RS in the scrappage scheme i said id like one

oh and by the way i never said i had seen the focus RS in the scrappage scheme i said id like one

dno if the rs is sold out bt reading fords site it does say that you can use to scrappage scheme with it

oh yes you did :wave:

seriously tho,I'm totally with you about loving the Focus RS,I'd even thought of changing my 993 for a new Focus RS

lol okay youw in that one lol fatteh :D

cant find where it says about older classic valuable cars been saved for parts but it was on the news the other day just for panels n doors n parts etc not engines. will try find later :p

In an M5? Are you insane? Or 8 years old? What exactly is "gay" about a 400BHP 5 series saloon?

scrapped cars will definitely not be used for spare parts. they will be dismantled and the metal recycled but not the parts.

i'm taking a mk2 golf in as scrap next month.. i'd love to say i'm bothered, but i'm sure i'll forget when i sign my commission sheet :lol:

In an M5? Are you insane? Or 8 years old? What exactly is "gay" about a 400BHP 5 series saloon?

508bhp ;)