Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Central locking keeps on buzzing...

When i lock or unlock the car, it all works fine...everything locks/unlocks as it should. But the central locking pump keeps on buzzing.

I wouldn't say its a vac leak as all the door pins/locks work instantly...Any idea's anyone?

Its currently sat outside buzzing away. :bad-words:

Cheers, Neil.

yeah mine started doing the same a few days ago. but stop a while after.

the noice is from in the boot of the car. never had time to have a full inspection

my makes a few buzzing noise after its locked, almost like its trying to lock itself again.

i don't know how long this going on for but its every 10 or 20 secs, i walk away after a couple of times

my central locking done the exact same thing. i was planning to get sorted but in the mean time it packed up completely wich was all within a couple off days so i would get it looked at asap mate. i dont no if it can be repaired or needs a whole new moter good luck

Cheers lads,

Jimmy, the pump is in the right hand side of the boot under the carpet, then inside a big foam erm...thing.

3corsameal, yeah...thats normal, well...It should kinda repressurise/lock again just the once i think.

Ive just had mine out and im now wondering if it is indeed a vac leak. I popped the vac pipe off the pump, operated the door lock, and it kept buzzing. But when i stuck my finger over the hole on the pump it sorta built up pressure then stopped buzzing all pretty quickly.

So that points towards a vac leak in the tubing or one of the actuators right? :|

Great that It runs right round the bloody dash to feed the passenger side :roll:

This happened on my A3 recently. Thought it was a leak but was actually the carbon internals of the pump breaking

> impeller less efficient as it starts to break down internally

> generating less vacuum

> circuitry thinking there was a leak

> over-running to compensate and create sufficient vacuum

> over working itself.

Three weeks later pump impeller totally disintegrated. Luckily secondhand pumps are cheap and I fitted a mildly modified corrado G60 one to the Audi.

Now fixed and no more over-running.

Cheers mate...

I guess it could be the pump, but it does suck real hard, better than the ex...And as soon as my fingers over the hole :shrug: :lol: it stops pretty quickly.

I have a spare pump somewhere but the vac pin is broken off it, so i may swap the internals into my original pump housing.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks for finding a vac leak in the tubing though? Obviously all the bloody door cards/rear cards etc are gonna have to be removed. :(

I have a spare pump somewhere but the vac pin is broken off it, so i may swap the internals into my original pump housing.

Tried the above...Seems it is a vac leak.

There's a T piece which splits vac to the front and rear of the car. I popped off the tube that runs to the front and put my finger over the hole. So only the petrol flap and boot lock were working...Operated the door lock and it/they worked perfectly. So the leak is up front somewhere, bloody would be wouldn't it.

Looks like its going to be an actuator in one of the front doors or the tubing. Ive got a full cars worth of spare tubing...but unsure if i have the actuators.

Neil.