Sign in to follow this  
millerman

Failed the MOT!!!!!!!!!! help please

it failed its MOT on friday on excessive play in rear wheel bearings :cry: (i forgot to adjust them correctly)

so did that today and now they are as vw intended them to be and also failed on emissons fast idle 0.32% slow idle 0.7% :censored: which is a pain in the butt!!

as the guy who did the MOT askes has it been off the road long ? i told him 2 years he says just take it for a long run and it will sort that out :nono:

errm ok then no tax/mot

so i did an oil change for mobil 1 and oil filter put new platinum plugs in cleaned the air filter i have already done the water works with a g12 mix from vw

any other ideas to reduce emissions apart from take her for a nice long drive as recomended by the idiot MOT man !!!

Why is he an idiot? You drove it to the garage with no tax and (obviously) no MOT :wave:

Sounds like a good run is what's needed to blow the cobwebs out - I'm surprised you didn't take it for a run on the way TO the mot test station in the first place. 2 years is a LONG time for a car to be sat about.

small problem the test station is half a mile away

i have been told if your driving it to an mot station with a booked mot thats ok so i could book an mot like 15 miles away !!!

You're absolutely right. You don't need an MOT to drive to an MOT test centre, provided you're actually on your way for a booked in MOT.

I would have still taken it for a drive, if by some random hating of fate you get stopped then just tell them you got lost. Last resot, the copper will phone the garage who will confirm you have an appointment for MOT and all's well.

Wonder why he didn't tell you about the emissions when he told you about the bearings though...

You're absolutely right. You don't need an MOT to drive to an MOT test centre, provided you're actually on your way for a booked in MOT.

What about if car was sorn and has no tax, and You can't but tax when car was sorn without mot certificate. Can I drive without tax and mot if driving on booked mot test ??

Yep - even our government isn't that stupid to trap you in a loop whereby it would be impossible to tax or MOT your car ;) You can drive a car without tax / on SORN to an MOT test centre as long as it is for a pre-booked appointment and you're taking the most direct route.

hence why i could not go for a blat first.

Turn right out of my estate 700 yards up the road is the MOT test station

im gonna rebook an MOT in guildford to a garage i used to go to when i lived there that gives me plenty of miles to clear the old girl out