Sign in to follow this  
pete_griff

Pete's new motor - New Gauges

How's the Evo going now Pete?

Went out for what my brother-in-law discribed as 'a proper drive' (ie. no one else in the car to tell us off) in his Evo 7 at the weekend. Seriously impressive car, and keeps putting thoughts in my head of going Jap! :lol:

hey pal, evo is going reasonably well at the moment ta.

it's had a full service and ALL fluids changed recently save the brake/clutch fluid. i've got warped discs and my calipers have faded and are now pink from previous shennanigans which got them hot before i owned the car.

i've got a set of much nicer replacement calipers and discs/pads all round which wil be going on at some point before long.

it's also just had new bearings and new track rod ends.

one slightly annoying thing - i'm running some wheels off an evo 9 whih IMO look the business. however, they have made the car slightly skittish. the evo 7,8,9's have got a slightly different offset to the earlier ones.

the earlier evos handle beautifully and are really "tippy-toe"; just a very slight movement of the wheel translates to a very noticable movement on the road, it's really nice actually.

however the offset of the wheels i'm running and the fact they have got 235/45 instead of the factory 225/45 tyresmakes them quite keen to tramline/bump-steer etc. so i think i'll be having to refurb and re-tyre the original wheels sooner than i thought...

anyway, below are a couple of pics of how it looks at the moment now without the hideous stickers! -

th_SD531176.jpg

th_SD531177.jpg

th_SD531178.jpg

th_SD531179.jpg

th_SD531180.jpg

th_SD531182.jpg

th_SD531190.jpg

th_SD531191.jpg

th_SD531192.jpg

th_SD531194.jpg

Hi mate shame about the r32 but these evos are good cars, here is a pick of one i detailed at extreme uk a 450hp one. If you need any work doing i know they are a very well renowed garage used to be rally art.

Hi Pete,

Evo is looking good mate considering it isn't a corrado :lol: , bet you are enjoying the reliability not to mention the performance.

Nice to meet you at the BVF by the way, sorry I didnt have more time to chat, a little hung up on the concours comp I'm afraid, still the results were encouraging :wave: