Sign in to follow this  
corrado1991

HELP MY RADIO HAS GONE !

heya guys !

so finally got the car running fine, got all ui need wired in but radio isnt working !

now i traced the ground wire and that is fine have checked the battery wire and that seems to come form the interior light form the glovebox! ( person b4 me who owned the car did a right job. have also checked ignition wire and that is fine my other radeios will power on but this new one wont , does it require more power ? or is there an illumination wire that needs to be hooked up ??

its a kenwood head unit and all the wires in the corrado have been cut :(:(:(:( :bad-words: :bad-words:

so any help would be brilliant !!!!!!!!!

plug the yellow wire on the back into the red this will test the wiring it will be on permanent basis though :wink:

If installing a new stereo usually takes out the rear spoiler (no joke, blue wire, honest Corrado problem) ... maybe you should try removing your spoiler to get the radio working :scratch:

Logic is sound.

ok i will try the wire trick !!! am not too up for removing spoiler !!!! its just odd because the older radios work !!!!! and have tested this new one in my jetta and it works perfectly !!!

thanks

If installing a new stereo usually takes out the rear spoiler (no joke, blue wire, honest Corrado problem) ... maybe you should try removing your spoiler to get the radio working :scratch:

Logic is sound.

:lol: ....I changed headunits last week and promptly lost the spoiler function......quick search and i sorted it out.......the wire is blue/grey btw :D

I was expecting this thread to be about a break in ? :wave: