Sign in to follow this  
RadoVirgin

The Perfect IPhone Car Setup!!!

Hi guys, I got my Iphone a few months ago and have been searching for the best way to play the music I have, charge the phone and have handfree facilities. I went through many posibilities including Fm Transmitters and chargers aswell as having a separate handsfree kit. All of these separate bits of kit cost money and my dashboard would have been spagetti junction!!!

The other day I found this http://www.audio66.com/product.asp?id=5 ... variation=

The Alpine CDE-104BTI has solved all of my problems in one fell swoop. It has a a parrot bluetooth module built into it and works brilliantly with the microphone that is supplied. It comes with the high speed Ipod lead that is £20 to buy separately and it charges my 3G iphone and the sound quality is awesome.

The only downside is that it costs £180 but a decent Handsfree is at least £100

I hope anyone looking for a Iphone car solution finds this helpfull

Anybody with a later model VAG car who want to retain the use of the standard stereo but also have the ipod connected with a proper ipod lead which will charge as well and to control it from the headunit and can have bluetooth then look here.

www.xcarlink.com

does it charge the ipod while in use?

i got a new headunit a while back but since found out the ipod runs out of battery and i'm left with no music as i've got no cd's i the car, and never bother with the radio

tempted to buy a headunit that will charge it now, or theres an add on for about £60

I got myself a Sony head unit the other day, that has an iPod/iPhone cable included, AUX input and USB input. Alongside CD and FM/AM that is.

I didn't need the stereo to do hands free as my Tom Tom can do that if I'm long journeys (and would with the iPhone I imagine).

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165474 appears to be the closest model now.

What's the functionality like? Can you still control the ipod separately or do you have to use the headunit? I only ask cos I have loads of music and scrolling thru on a headunit looks frustratingly slow and the display is usually too small.

Sorry, only just picked up on this.

You can only use the headunit to control the iPod. This is a "feature" built into the iPod, I imagine it's the same on the iPhone, to stop you getting distracted by it. Once it's plugged in I get "Audio Accessory Connected" on the display and I can't do anything with it.

I find the best way is to make a playlist of the albums I want to listen to that day and put it in shuffle, then connect it ot the stereo.

With the xcarlink i posted above the ipod basically is a CD changer once connected or thats how the head unit sees it.

So flick from a "CD" on the headunit changes through your playlists on the ipod which means it displays accessory on the ipod and is rendered useless control wise, but on "CD" 1 that enables full control on the ipod itself as well as head unit control.

Use this bluetooth FM transmitter!!

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/t505/

I've got one and it's brilliant. I keep the phone in my pocket, it links to the T505 which then transmits to the car radio. Call qualitly is excellent, music is as good as standard FM radio, you can control your phone via the unit and there are no wires at all, unless you want to plug it in to your charger of course, and it's also relitevely cheap.

I got bluetooth sony and plays tunes from my phone wirelessly at high quality, could recommend anything more highly