Sign in to follow this  
renson

boot alignment

Image0104.jpg[/attachment:39lwyzu0]

If you look at the pic above you will see that the rear 1/4 panel line and the boot line don't quite line up. How do you re align them. it is the same either side. do you twist the rubber stoppers? what about the boot catch? i don't want to go playing around and be left with a boot that won't close. Sure its very straight forward but thought i would ask before i go charging in. Only noticed it because i was getting annoyed yesterday trying to align my tail lights.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

I don't think the stoppers will adjust the height of the boot, you need to slacken the two allen key bolts on the boot catch and try moving it slightly and re-tightening, ultimately the tailgate seal will limit how low you can get the tailgate to sit, obviously the rubber stoppers need to be screwed far enough in too.

they don't seem to line up well on most Corrados really, you can make things a little better by slackening the nuts on the main rear light units and you get a bit of movement on them, you should be able to get them about level with the tailgate ones with a combination of adjusting the tailgate too.

is it a common occurance for the boot lights to not line up when removing then re-installing?

The OE Hella units are easy enough to align, as David said above, but if you have aftermarkets (FK Crystal etc) then you've got no chance.