Sign in to follow this  
GreasyWeasel

What should this be plugged into?

Ladies and gents.

While doing all the usual weekly checks under the hood today I noticed that there was a wire floating loose in the engine bay. It has a connector on the end and I could see where I'm pretty sure it's come off from, but before I go re-attaching it can someone tell me what it's function is as it would be nice to know for future reference, and what it might have done to the old girl while it's been off.

The picture shows, as you look at the engine from the front, the front right hand side behind the radiator.

Any help please?

Weasel.engine.JPG[/attachment:1zsl8not]

How it be affecting the car not being attached? The wire shoots off a larger wire bundle that disappears off behind the engine somewhere so I've no idea what it's attached to.

The only thing I can think of in that area (that I know about) is the reverse light connector??

Check your reverse lights are coming on when in gear :)

I don't think you will find the reversing light switch in the end of the inlet manifold, though knowing these cars they often do defy logic.

I'd plugged it back in once I'd posted this on here as I figured that would be screwing something up, and even though I'm sure it's phycosymatic she does seem to be running better.

Cheers chaps.

Weasel

I don't think you will find the reversing light switch in the end of the inlet manifold, though knowing these cars they often do defy logic.

Ha ha I couldnt have been further away if I had just guessed!! :nuts: