Sorry to hear mate, I know the feeling having recently finding one of my Chinchillas dead in the cage :(

*man hug*

Thanks guys... I indeed needed a man hug :(

In other news.... I AM FURIOUS!!! :censored:

The other day I took my car to a local garage to fit new track rods and ends basically because for me to do it would take to long and I didn't have the correct tools etc.

Anywho, ever since I got it back I noticed the steering would shake occasionally like torque steer but worse. I had a look this weekend and guess what I found! The garage hadn't tightened up the 3 bolts that connect the hub to the wishbones... in fact 2 of them where working themselves loose when I found them.

I might have been killed! GRRRR I never have anything good to say about garages! :mad2:

And finally, the MFA boost check doesn't work... just read a big fat 0. Annoying really but not unexpected. Will have to figure out how to fix that now I suppose.

Sorry to hear your troubles fella! That really sucks. Not doing up the LBJ bolts is a bit of a rookie mistake :-/

RIP to Sushi also. May your heart feel the warmth s/he left behind, and move on to greater things.

I wouldn't worry about the MFA boost check. Mine also reads 0. Who'd have thunk?

Sorry to hear your troubles fella! That really sucks. Not doing up the LBJ bolts is a bit of a rookie mistake :-/

RIP to Sushi also. May your heart feel the warmth s/he left behind, and move on to greater things.

I wouldn't worry about the MFA boost check. Mine also reads 0. Who'd have thunk?

Cheers dude... Shes getting the big dundee cake in the sky now....

Funny your 16v not measuring boost :lol: It would have been useful if it was working though... I need to know how my charger is doing

next time it's running, try farting through the intake. If the revs jump up then we know that you have a boost leak.

....or you had a curry :lol:

*tries to raise the tone again and fails*

Well boys and girls that's it for this year on the corrado front. With no garage and the weather turning nasty she'll be going under the tarp for the next few months. See you in March!

by tarp, do you mean where you live? That cake addiction has seen you fall on some tough times buddy.

I recommend hibernation/sabbaticals for the C from time to time. Helps you finish stuff up and appreciate them more when they come out in the spring time :D

I've been wanting to put the car off the road but before I did I wanted to clean the car... however, because i work I never get home before it's dark so i need to use a machine or jet wash or something.

Guess how many car wash places are in dundee? 10 that I could find....

now guess how many are open! :bonk: They are all either closed after 5pm or out of order...

This was the last day this year that the car was driven about then! The final drive... It's been a long year but my most productive I've ever had on the C... Mostly thanks to neobadness for his constant supervision (when not braking my tools... :p ) and of course, this forum and the corrado club members. Special thanks to yandards, vkrisv, Enthusiastowned (cheers for that sump dude!) cazzaVR, Mimjed and even boostmonkey... Even with the cake fixation! But really, everyone who has read and been part of this little story, thank you! Without it I'd probably still be sat here with a clapped out broken bag of rust, but as it stands I'm standing here with a clapped out old bag of rust.... WITH an MOT :D

Anywho, just to recap, this year saw:

New wishbones

New engine mounts

New anti roll bars

New kw suspension

New splitter

New power steering pipes, pas rack and belt

New hubs

New callipers

New disks and brake pads

New flexi hoses

New brake pipes all round

New centre caps

New pulley tensioner

New oil feed lines to charger

New sub frame and bolts

Refurbished interior

New custom car mats

All new internal trim

Replacement sunroof cartridge

AND a new steering wheel

And that's just what I remember!!! :lol:

next year I have a new ASD gearbox to go on, a new stainless steel exhaust to fit with tubular steel manifold and the supercharger to service! But until march (or when the sun comes out) she'll be under cover for Christmas. :)

Anywho, here's what I'm left with. Enjoy!

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Let's hope for a nice short winter, so we can all get out there, driving again ;)

Mine have also been put to sleep.

Your Corrado looks good on the pics. Elegant colour.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Looks good there, a good years work done... lets hope 2012 really is a happy new year!

(am I the only numpty running his through the winter? It's why I bought it...)

Looks good there, a good years work done... lets hope 2012 really is a happy new year!

(am I the only numpty running his through the winter? It's why I bought it...)

My g60 will not be going for a winter sleep.

Fingers crossed it will never have to

The car came out for a very short spell as I only had a month left on the tax so I decided to let it go on. Sooo I drove her about when it has been dry (and with no salt on the roads!) Shes only be out a few times, just enough to keep me entertained over the 2 week holiday! :D

So, i thought i would share this little story with you that happened over the holidays.

Got pulled over buy the fuzz at 2am on boxing day after driving back from the in-laws, was speeding a little but there was no one about and I was stone sober. Pulled me and the misses over and did the long walk up to the car... Wound the window down.

"yes officer?"

"is this car registered to you sir?"

"yes officer"

"can you tell me what speed you where doing sir?"

"Ooo I must say i think i was speeding..."

"indeed sir i had trouble keeping up... That the G60?"

"yes it is..."

"Always liked the corrado..."

"Yeah, I've always wanted one. Just got this back on the road."

"quick is it? what have you done to her"

"just the charger pulley and suspension nothing too fancy, not as quick as the VR6"

"Yeah but the smaller engine is lighter isn't it? better handling..."

WAH! Amazing! waved me off with a caution! Merry Christmas! :shades:

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Excellent, like it!

Not many good coppers around these days and to have some corrado knowledge must be rare?

indeed sir i had trouble keeping up...

They always say that and yet they are always only 2 feet from your bumper lol! Can't be that hard...

Must have been the same copper I met some years ago. I had a mk2 Scirocco gti at the time. 3am and I was doing a little over a ton in a 30 zone (oops)! I spotted him in a side street, hit the brakes and by the time he pulled me over I was doing 30.

We chatted for half an hour about VW's, he had a mk1 Scirocco.

His parting line was "I know there's no one around at this hour but slow down a bit"! No ticket!

They always say that and yet they are always only 2 feet from your bumper lol! Can't be that hard...

he was also driving a 4 year old diesel Corsa... I should have just kept me foot down! he would never have caught me! :lol:

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

His parting line was "I know there's no one around at this hour but slow down a bit"! No ticket!

Whey! not bad for 100 in a 30!

I think i was doing 90 in a 50 but it was a duel carriage way... It was the way that I pulled away from a set of lights that aroused their suspicion I think!

HAha amazing all ways good to know there are some decent coppers out there :D

Got home safely Christmas eve then?