Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Is there much benefits in getting the injectors cleaned (VR6

Have anyone gotten theyr injector cleaned, and is it worth it?.

My car have done roughly 120 000 km (75000 miles), and I'm going to do tha chain/top.

And I'm wondering if it's worth shelling out roughly £200 on getting the injectors cleaned....;)

Its cheaper over here, had mine tested and new top seals, only £25. A full service and clean was going to be about £65. Had them done at Autotronics at Laughton.

I think its worth it for peace of mind, but for £200 I would think twice if it was running ok before the strip down. How is it going by the way ? and when do you think you'll be on the road ?

And I'm wondering if it's worth shelling out roughly £200 on getting the injectors cleaned....;)

:shock:

That seems like a hell of allot of money. My Dad drives a 2.5 litre 6 cylinder X-type Jag and it only cost him about £100 to get the whole injection system cleaned (Fife auto centre in Glenrothes)

It certainly improves your performance but id check out some other places for price first

hmm, ok........the car was running quite ok, although a bit hard to start at times (seem that I had to turn the ignition switch from start to finnish in one "motion", and not stop when the ignition comes on before taking it to "start").....

@bruny:

the "project" is coming along slovely, just finnished blasting the drivetrain parts a few weeks ago, now it's sanded down, and sendt off for powdercoating.

Might go pick them up on monday, so *might* start assembly of the drivetrain again this week, but haven't started on the engine yet....;)

I guess it will be next summer before I register it for road use, if I'm lucky I get to drive it later this summer on some temporary signs...:)

Nice and steady always gets the best results, carry on the good work, will keep an eye on the thread, looks promising :notworthy:

Really? It's that much?

I know I drive a 16V but I purchased new injectors from VW for £30 each (that's main dealer) - £200 to get them cleaned seems steep to me, even if it's a VR6.

yea, atleast here in Norway....:)

But think I might skip it as I would be a long way onto getting a new set of injectors at that price....;)