Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Washer jets on bonnet, wires?

what are the two wires for that go into each plastic squirter on the bonnet.

I just tried to take the jet off so i can polish the bonnet properly and i've pulled one of the wires out, it was all green and corroded and almost fell out on its own :lol:

Do i need the wires?

are they not heated or something daft? or have you put some halfords neon washers in :lol:

you learn something new everyday, ive only just worked out how to turn off the rear wiper............................. :cuckoo:

haha, corrado's are absolutely full of cool things you wouldn't think of seeing as they are such an old car. Its suprising how many people don't know that if you keep your key turned in the lock with the windows and sunroof open it closes them all!

the NOZZLES are heated to de-ice them when the rear demister is turned on (as are the wing mirrors)... It doesn't heat the water coming out through it though...

It actually works quite well when they're new... I replaced both of mine when I had the car resprayed.... 8)

the NOZZLES are heated to de-ice them when the rear demister is turned on (as are the wing mirrors)... It doesn't heat the water coming out through it though...

It actually works quite well when they're new... I replaced both of mine when I had the car resprayed.... 8)

And is a PITA if you live in a hard water area.. as it gums them up! Same with soem washerfluids as well... :mad2:

Strange that no-one's looked at the bonnet on a frosty morning and thought, "why have the washer's defrosted first? "

haha, corrado's are absolutely full of cool things you wouldn't think of seeing as they are such an old car. Its suprising how many people don't know that if you keep your key turned in the lock with the windows and sunroof open it closes them all!

Not on all dear boy only the later "Full Closure" ones... all will do the window (except those with keep-fit windows obviously!)

Not on all dear boy only the later "Full Closure" ones... all will do the window (except those with keep-fit windows obviously!)

I noticed this on mine the other day.. i thought the wiring loom had blown a fuse or something! :lol:

Yea, knew that, i own a later full closure one now so i get the sunroof as well :norty:

LOL, it's all in the Instruction manual... they are not switched either and the fact that they are always live makes them last around 8 years max.

New ones are £16+ vat from VW but non heated ones from a MK2 are cheaper and I've never had them freeze, just make sure you always use proper screenwash...

New squirters make a big difference as does new washer tubing and a new pump

Not on all dear boy only the later "MUCH MUCH BETTER" ones... all will do the window (except those with keep-fit windows obviously!)

*runs for cover* :lol:

Not on all dear boy only the later "MUCH MUCH BETTER" ones... all will do the window (except those with keep-fit windows obviously!)

*runs for cover* :lol:

You wait till Thursday! :censored: :lol:

*cough* Supercharger under the bed! *cough*