Sign in to follow this  
scruffydubbers

Uprated G60 Headgasket

yeah.. it's a multi layered metal one, it costs about £35 from VAG for just the gasket... 8)

vw one is metal, part no 037103383l ,£73 + vat recently had one on mine

£73 is for the full kit though isn't it? :?

GSF sell them for £26.

Be careful with the GSF ones, they may not be the original spec multilayer metal ones... A lot of people bodge the headgaskets by putting a standard 8V Golf one on which won't handle the pressure created by the supercharger...

For the extra £10, I'd go VAG every time... Oooh, look, I have both times too! :wink: :roll: :lol:

GSF sell them for £26.

Be careful with the GSF ones, they may not be the original spec multilayer metal ones... A lot of people bodge the headgaskets by putting a standard 8V Golf one on which won't handle the pressure created by the supercharger...

For the extra £10, I'd go VAG every time... Oooh, look, I have both times too! :wink: :roll: :lol:

When I did mine last year it came from GSF, via a well known scource of mine :wink:

It was metal as per OE. Unsurprising that the one which failed was from a std 8V.

Gavin

I`ve bought a couple from gsf and both the elring and victor reinz have been multi layer steel.

This can easly be checked when you buy one.

Jason

thanks for the help,

did nt realise the vag G60 ones were metal, do you know if the kits include stem seals and inlet exhaust gaskets etc.

thanks

Yep, Headsets include all gaskets and rubber items for the top half of the engine.