Sign in to follow this  
Fanjita

Alarm Remote Locking unknown problem!

Hi all,

I have a minor hiccup in my alarm system that I haven't really bothered looking at but I'd like to get sorted!

Basically it's a Piranha A103 alarm (fitted in 1995 :shock: !!), and it has the total closure feature and that. The problem is when I lock it, windows and sunroof close fine, and the doors lock. When I come to unlock it though, I have to first use the remote to deactivate the alarm, then I have to unlock the doors with the key cos they don't unlock on the button??? I also have to use this little key (almost like a button type battery) to deactivate the immobiliser, and it has no holder so it's just loose in the car! You wouldn't believe the hair pulling that ensued when I lost the immobiliser key in the dashboard!

Anyone got any ideas?

I just want it to unlock with the remote and deactivate the immobiliser so i dont have to go through all this hassle! I did just consider buying a new system but seeing as I'm probably best not fitting it myself it'd cost me around £300!

I hope someone can advise, thanks in advance

Jim

Mines the opposite mate, it unlocks the car but won't lock it. I gotta use the key to lock it, also total closure doesn't work :(

My alarm's a laserline 996 also fitted in 95

I had a similar problem with my alarm not unlocking the doors and having to do it manually. I traced the problem back to the doors requiring a double pulse to unlock. Some of the more expensive alarms have this feature, unfortunately as i only purchased a cheapish one it didnt have a double pulse option. You 'can' find double pulse relays that fit to cobra alarms but its a hassle trying to actually locate one, ive temporarily rectified the problem using the pulses from a flasher relay which is connected to the single pulse from the alarm unlock cable. When it sends the unlock pulse the flash relay well, flashes giving a double pulse and opens the doors.

As for the immobiliser without removing it there isnt really any way to bypass the key problem im afraid.

Hopefully this helps, I know its a little bit late in replying and you might have already solved your problem but oh well :)