Sign in to follow this  
wadey

vr clutch help

hi can any one tell me whats wrong with my clutch on my 93 vr the pedal has gone to the floor so cant get any gears .

cheers gary

Welcome to the CF.

The corrado has an Hydrolic clutch so either the master or slave cylinder has failed or one of the pipes linking the two have sprung a leak or you have run out of Fluid due to the leak or possible mechanical failure.

Have a look around the slave on the box for any leaks.

cheers for that will look for any leeks and the fluid level if the fluid level is ok I guess it would be mechanical ?

Yep - look for fluid ontop of the gearbox... I'd change the slave anyway unless it's been done recently (should be an unpainted alloy part if new and a black cast part if old) then do the master if that doesn't fix it....

thanks guys had a look today for any leaks couldnt see any fluid around so i have given it to my local garage to fix it he is going to change the slave first then the master if requird as you stated dont know how mutch it going to cost though