Sign in to follow this  
Alex_G60_Fanatic

G60 Head Swap for 2litre 8v

as per the title, is it possible to swap heads from the g60 and use the 2litre 8v? My pal is doing something similar to a 8v Porsche he has as hes been told it will increase the BHP by 30 or so.

I assume ill need all the usual stuff? gasket, bolts, skim etc, as with any time you remove the head. But what else would i need and would there be any benefit from doing this conversion?

Baring in mind that i have a fully functional G60 block now with no faults other than it needs a clean, don't really wont to have to take the head off unless its worth it.

I think ill need a injection system from the 2litre? am i just being silly and can it even be done? :shrug:

as per the title, is it possible to swap heads from the g60 and use the 2litre 8v? My pal is doing something similar to a 8v Porsche he has as hes been told it will increase the BHP by 30 or so.

I assume ill need all the usual stuff? gasket, bolts, skim etc, as with any time you remove the head. But what else would i need and would there be any benefit from doing this conversion?

Baring in mind that i have a fully functional G60 block now with no faults other than it needs a clean, don't really wont to have to take the head off unless its worth it.

I think ill need a injection system from the 2litre? am i just being silly and can it even be done? :shrug:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

dont do it no benefit at all bottom end is the bit you would change to get more bhp

I think he means the 2.0 Crossflow head from the Beetle?

There should be a gain if the Crossflow's valves and ports are bigger.

Gwerks are probably the guys to speak to about this!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

dont do it no benefit at all bottom end is the bit you would change to get more bhp

i know you can swap over the block from the 2litre and keep the G60 head and injectors for a BHP gain but alot of ppl on here seem to think its not that reliable. Also i'll need to do loads of work to the block to make it work with the charger.

I think he means the 2.0 Crossflow head from the Beetle?

There should be a gain if the Crossflow's valves and ports are bigger.

Gwerks are probably the guys to speak to about this!

Didnt know about that head kev, but it would be easy enough to find out the valve sizes. And im not doing anything to the engine just now so i have time too investigate.

Thanks for the help!

:grin: