Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

Door pins

I have bought some door pins, passenger side is fine, but drivers side there doesn't appear to have the tread for my new pin to go on?? I had the door card off briefly but Its raining so I gave up, I couldn't see anything :confused4:

Plus I'm after 1 of the cicle plastic trims that sits in the hole :D

The metal lock pin thingy tends to fall sideways in the door skin a few cm if the plastic knob and door card hole trim cover isn't present, it should be in there somewhere. Various tips on keeping the things in place when you fit the door card, like popping a drinking straw over the top of the rod as you insert it through the hole in the top of the door card.

The plastic pin hole surround is the same as a mk2 golf, front or rear doors, so you can usually find one in good nick at a scrap yard.

Image1.gif[/attachment:105pxeli]

:lol:

doesn't look like its there at all cause I had the card off and normally you'd be able to see it in the space :confused4:

prap's a previous owner had a paddy with it and left it out, have you had handles replaced or de-locked handles fitted?

doesnt look like it, I have original handles, I'll take a look at a diagram and see if I need to buy a mech :confused4: I will also have the passenger side off to check to, might take a pic

just looked at bently and I reckon the lock rod is missing :epicfail:

D'you mean this bit Kempy?

IMG_6116 (Large).JPG[/attachment:1n129nja]

I still have your address from those window plugs - you can have it for nowt if you need it. 8)

They're not handed mate, just fitted as mirror-images. They go into a 'not-too-strong' plastic sleeve on the lock mech actuation lever. That is a Tw@t of a job!!! :gag:

I've got just the tube to safely pack it in too!! 8)

I'll bag it up and post it tomorrow when I get my tyres done in the morning :salute:

Colin

cheers, it arrived today just gotta work out how it fixes on

On the lock mech the lever that locks the ....lock :lol: has a black plastic sleeve which will have a rod going down to the central locking mech and a slot in the top with a hole in one side, 'all' you have to do is get the rod into the slot and engaged with the hole. It's a bugger and there is very little room to manouvre but I managed it with pigs tits for fingers and prob some long nosed pliers (can't remember!) Slackening of the lock in the door may help.

Good Luck!!! :salute:

Kempy, I just found this bit in a tool bag and i think it's the bit you actually need. It is handed but this came off the drivers door so it'll be okay I hope!!

IMG_6117 (Large).JPG[/attachment:d779e9yh]

The bit i posted you was down to the central locking assembly from the lock, Sorry mate I'll post this bit off today!

no problem, Ive not had a look tbh, Im looking for the plastic bit to go in the door card first so its tidy. The bit you sent is threaded though, good job you spotted I would of botched something together otherwise

this is real pig of a job, i cant get the rod to stay in :( what did you do exactly? I cant find the correct size allan bolt tool to get my lock off right now :mad2:

All I can rememeber was it was a swine. IIRC the rod's 'tweaked' end sits in a hole in the plastic bit once you have it in the slot. :shrug: A real pain in the ar$e.

I got it done, but since then ive got a pain in my arm :censored: thanks lol.

Ive not done it properly either, lol. I got it in but not in the door it sit outside but when the card is back on its fine :cheers: