Sign in to follow this  
RichieSounds

replacement of broken seat pull-forward levers

Has anyone broken one of their seat flip lever whatsits? these stick out the side and you yank them up in order to flip the seat forward to get in the back of the car.

someone's broken each on either side of my VR6:

P1010276_out.jpg[/attachment:198deoip]

So I have the plastic surround parts still and the handles. But has anyone got any info on how to replace the actual metal insert which goes into the handle? This seems to be fixed inside the seat... hoping for some good news as i've just sold a couple of spare seats.

thanks for any help.

mine done the same thing !made some aluminum ones,longer then the originals, glued them in place

been there 3 years now,

they've broken, it's clear as i can see in the plastic part that there's a small stub of metal still.

btw Supercharged - do you know who i can contact to buy a conlog alarm system? trying to track one down and someone mentioned that you might know somewhere i can buy a complete setup for £25; actually all i need is the key fob. help much appreciated

but back on the topic; i can't seem to find any info on ETKA about this; has anyone got any further info on how to make good?

trying to stay OEM - anyone got any ideas? or should i be looking at repairing the metal lugs and sticking the plastic bits back on? Other people must have had this problem? I like the aluminium extensions but they'll stick out unless you've got silver steering wheel, pedals, and gear stick!

mine snapped like yours have, the best way to do it is take the seat covering off, either replace it,or weld an extension onto your broken lug, If i was you id try glueing it on first, and seeing how it holds !!

Use Mighty Putty. Its in General Car chat but I don't know how put in a topic link.