Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Another central locking problem...

Ok so i bought a new alarm (yes its quite a cheapish one but ive not got a lot of money at the moment and its only to tide me over till i can get a job and buy a better one) its a HAWK 280 pro. Anyway ive fitted it myself as im quite used to the corrado wiring having refitted most of the looms due to changing from early to late interior and having to fix the total closure which stopped working. The problem i am having is that the alarm will not unlock the doors. It locks them but won't open. Now ive checked the wiring from the alarm and it is definately correct, by testing the lock/unlock cables coming from the alarm on the door lock cable (as i know that is working correctly) and pulses coming from the alarm (when i push unlock/lock) will lock the door (note it locks when i press unlock because i have tested the unlock cable on the lock wire of the door) so i know theres nothing wrong with the alarm.

I've tried tracing the unlock cable from the alarm to various points on the wiring (red/black cable from door) but its still not working, ive also tried the passengers door but still nothing.

The doors unlock/lock from the key in the door (both passenger and drivers doors) so i know theres nothing wrong with the pump or main wiring

It just doesnt make sense....corrado wiring is fine...alarm wiring is fine...but why wont it unlock!!!

Ive tried phoning HAWK but they weren't very helpful....so does anyone have any ideas, mainly should i attach the unlock cable from the alarm to a different point on the red/black cable (drivers door, passengers door, handle switches, directly from the pump...)

Currently any advice will be helpful :)

Ok, so I've identified the problem and thought i'd post it here incase anyone else has a similar issue.

Basically the central locking unlock requires a double pulse from the alarm system, as the car seems to ignore the first pulse but accept the second. This was idenified due to the fact that i can unlock the drivers door manually with the key in the door without unlocking the entired car through the central locking, this equates as the first pulse as turning the key pushes the button in the handle completing the circuit. If i turn the key a second time it completes the circuit again and fully unlocks all the doors on the car, this equates as the second pulse.

My issue now is to use the unlock pulse from the alarm to trigger a double pulse system and ive figured that the easiest way to achieve this without ripping out the alarm and buying one that may or may not have such a feature is to use a flasher relay. The unlock pulse is very short (0.8 seconds) so should only trigger the flasher to work a couple of times but still enough to create a second pulse, ideally i would like the flasher speed to be very quick so as not to have to wait for the door to unlock. If anyone has any other ideas they would be very much appreciated but for now this is all i can think off.