Sign in to follow this  
VRSICK

Water leak on the drivers side...aaarrghhh!!!!!!

I have a leak at the drivers side, near the door (wher the feet go) and i dont know how to solve the problem :(

The wierd thing is that it only happens when it's heavily rained. It doesnt happen often but i need t get it sorted.

Any suggestions peeps...??

Probably leaking through under the doorcard. Whip it off and check the sealing on the waterproof membrane.

Try a search there's loads on here about leaks!!!

I have the exact same problem!

Also i have noticed if you're driving through heavy rain, it doesn't get wet, only when standing still

try the grommets in the engine bay..

there is a few leading to the footwell, 1 for acelerator cable etc. mine were missing so had to get new 1s but never had a leak in fairness. but in theory would run down into footwell.

I think my mechanic did check the engine bay and all was fine :confused4:

I just dnt know where this bloody water is cummin from...!!

get some to simulate it. spray with a hose while your inside...

pull carpets up etc

Door card. Take it off and check the membrane is diverting water towards the door car/interior of the car.

I had the same problem with 2 of my corrados, so I have replaced the polythene bacing behind the door cards. putting the door card back is a bit of an art. Trick is to put the card over the pin of the door lock to hold it before screwing back the card. The water should stay within the door cavity and naturally drain through the holes in the bottom of the door onto a flat cill, rather than find its way through the mastic sealant holding the membrane. VW sell a grey foam liner which you cut to fit.

check the rubbers next to the drop glass so there isn't a massive gap to let water in when it's standing still.

Philip

Thanks peeps for all the responses. It sounds as tho its abit of a job :confused4:

Its not too bad mate.

I am certainly no mechanic and didnt have any problems.

There is a guide on here to taking the door cards off if you search

Matt

Im no mechanic either, but removing the door card is very straightforward, just don't miss the hidden screw in the speaker hole. Ive never attempted to remove a door card on any other car, but with the corrado things like this become necessary sometimes. In a way its good as it give you more confidence about tackling different jobs.