Sign in to follow this  
dubmodder

Carbonio CAI fitting

Hi everyone I'm new! After previously owning numerous Mk2 GTi's I thought it was time for something different so I went and found myself a lovely metallic blackberry VR6 which I'm loving a lot. I have just bought a Carbonio induction kit (second hand) off Ebay which didn't come with any fitting instructions and I was wondering if you could help me fitting it. I removed the old air box and I'm guessing it goes in the whole that has the canister shaped thing in, but if it does where does the canister relocate to? Any help fitting would be much appreciated, James.

Is the Carbonio CIA the one thats the same as the BMC CDA or is it a cone filter?

As for the relocation of the carbon canister. Some relocate it just next to the drivers suspension turret, next to the exhaust manifold - obviously fastening it place. Others relocate it between the front panel and the front of the engine - just right of the drivers headlight, the area in front of the dipstick.

But most, inlucding myself, just remove the canister. Leaving one pipe venting to atmosphere the other needs blocking up. If you search +carbon +canister +removal or +cc +removal theres loads of threads on it. Though with the pipe venting to atmosphere, you do occasionally get the smell of petrol fumes in the cabin.

Hi thanks for your help. Its a cone filter not like the BMC CDA. I will have a go again tomorrow and see how I get on. Thanks again.

Well I fitted it and there is a definite increase in throttle response and the sound makes me :) every time I put my foot down. I would definitely recommend them.

I will do tomorrow mate, here are some of my car though.....

MummasPictures198-1.jpg

MummasPictures202.jpg

MummasPictures217.jpg

Its totally standard, covered 117,000 miles in total, has FVWSH and every mot and tax disc from new. It also had a brand new VAG engine at 88,000 miles at the cost of £4,250 which I have the invoice for along with a stack of other invoices totaling something outrageous. I'm very pleased with it so far.

And a few of my past cars....

james001-1.jpg

rats013.jpg

Sorry I really should have put them up in the noob bit :nono:

Nice looking vr you have got there! the best colour i think :D

i remember when mine looked like that but its changed a bit now

Thanks bud. I do love the colour and I can't wait to do some other stuff to it. Hopefully coilovers, nice set of wheels, de-badged grille/grille spoiler and a Magnex system. Do you have any other pics of your car?

I just checked my paint code and its LK4Z which after a quick search on here I found out is Bramble metallic or Blackberry which is what I thought it was. Strange as I have just looked at others the same colour and they all look different to me!

It's a very light dependant colour! Looks totally different in different conditions. Prob my fav colour too 8)