Sign in to follow this  
charly_vrsexy

Slow to pull away, lacking power, running flat,holding back

Yep, all of the above. Just thought I would write to say that my vr6 was suffering whenever i put my foot down and pushed it, it would hold back and splutter, initially I thought it was the cam sensor, then I thought coilpack, so I changed the coilpack as my mate had a spare of an old engine.wasnt that. didnt really want to change cam sensor, had two diagnostics done. they showed nothing.then I took it back to the garage again as they had only tested my car up back roads and so i made them take it up the A11 to actually push it as I had said for them to do , then he noticed the problem that I said it was having, as before I think he thought I was chasing the dragon or something as it would never play up for him, he put it on the diagnostic again and this time it showed up with an intermittent cam sensor fault. he pulled the little white plug for the cam sensor apart and this was full of water!!

water taken out, problem solved, car is now running as it should. Just thought it would be a point for a few people on here to check as some seem to be having the same symptoms.

Good info, thanks for sharing!

Do you mean the crank sensor plug was full of water? That has a white plug. The cam sensor plug is black, and where it is on the engine is impossible to fill with water.

I suspect your crank sensor plug seal is / was missing as there's no way it should fill up with water, but yeah, that would give the engine ECU a few headaches!

It's clipped into a plastic holder on the front engine mount. There's 2 plugs next to eachother. White = Crank sensor. Black = Knock Sensor.

Don't muddle them up when reconnecting :D

Hi sorry, yes I definaitely meant to put that it was the crank shaft sensor, the little white one that was full of water, sorry!

But yeh car has been fine ever since now. hope this helps for some of you!

After reading this I cleaned the white plug, mine was quite dirty, this appears to have finally solved my hesitant starting problems :D