joinerboy

VR6 front ARB problems

im sorry for bringing more problems to the forum but im stuck. i have looked for answers but cant find them

which way is the front arb fitted on a vr?

this is how its currently fitted

arb.jpg

iv taken pics to show the problems: sorry for the quality

im 99% sure that the ARB is up the right way but does it attach above or below the wishbone?

DSC00202.jpg

if its below then it dangerously close to the wheel

wishbone.jpgdroplink.jpg

when i try to fit it above it rubs against the wishbone

help please. what am i doing wrong?

i cant see how turning the arb over will change anything. the only things i can think off are that the arb is too long(although its for a vr), or the drop links are to long. i got them from gsf and im sure they were for the vr6

anyone had similar problems? or can anyone tell me whats wrong?

thanks

The ARB is mounted above the wishbone, if the bar looks like its too long to fit then it is probably upside down.

Hope that helps

I can't see the pics but as said already, the front ARB fits about the WBs, I.e. the drop links point down.

The front ARB will fit either way round, but if it's 'upside down' the middle part of the ARB will foul the exhaust downpipes when you lower it back on the ground.

ok so the arb is the right way up because it clears the exhaust. so thats not the problem

can anyone uploads pics of what there front ARB/drop links look like so i can compare the setup to mine?

Just put "corrado vr6 front anti roll bar" into Google images.

4th page, there's a pic of a complete subframe assembly with Eibach arb fitted.

I can't post it as work block photobucket, sorry.

can i have a definite yes or no as to whether the arb is fitted correctly. i dont want to take it off(which will be a nightmare) to find out i didnt need to change it

problem solved. i dropped the car with the ARB un-attached then it cleared the wishbone. so i then fitted it. it was touching at first because the angel of the wishbone. thanks for your help though

just doing a search and came across this thread, my arb is fouling my exhaust downpipe, so I'm guessing its been put on upside down at some point....is there a way to get it off without dropping the front axle off the frame?

I would say no. Can imagine it to be very hard. I found the bushes in the middle of bar hard enough to swap with it off the car