Sign in to follow this  
kuksool

life span of corrado g60's

hi everyone

just wondered as there are many fsh corrado g60's to buy with over 120-140k miles compared to low miler G60's

are they worth buying or are they troublesome by now even with charger rebuilds and full service records..so how long can the go for i know the NA 1,8 gti can last for ever but were talking about forced induction here so im a bit concerned

any advice welcome

Scott

Mine has over 250,000 miles on it and was still going pretty well until the crank bolt sheared off... :roll:

It's been well cared for over most of it's life, which has helped it, but abuse from the last owner has caused most of the problems I've had with it. :mad:

The engine itself is a solid lump, there's not much difference to the 8V GTI engine. The only thing to make sure is that the supercharger has been well maintained by a reputable company... If in doubt, knock £500 off the asking price for a rebuild from either Pitstop or G-Werks... :wink:

The engines tend to be very well engineered. Each car is individual so a lower mileage one may not be any cheaper to run than a highish mileage one.

Take each Corrado that you look at on it's merits. There are some very good ones out there & also some very bad ones.

Avoid low mileage cars where the mileage cannot be confirmed - old MOT certificates, service history, etc (may have been "clocked").

Chargers need rebuilding approx every 50,000 miles, so look for evidence/certificate of rebuild.

well all of what you say has definately made me feel more confident and the chardger has been rebuilt by g werks recently and has had a rebuilt gear box its not super tuned only about 160bhp

its not to far so i will go and have a look for sure!

erm one other thing???

are they everyday cars or are they weekend cars i basically need a car able to do 50miles 5 days a week and about 20 miles on the weekend!!

Scott

My old G60 used to do 130 miles a day (5 days a week) from Leicester to Sheffield for about 9 months, no problems whatsoever. It had done about 95k when I started doing that. Still never changed the blooming spark plugs {:-)

I was throwing just under 60miles per day at my G60 to get to and from work... and then about 200 at weekends during the summer just for the crack of driving it! :wink: :lol:

I intend to be doing similar again when I finish the rebuild... 8)

as said, i reckon these cars will run forever if they are cared for properly. mines got 125k on it with no signs of slowing up!! love it!!

well all of what you say has definately made me feel more confident and the chardger has been rebuilt by g werks recently and has had a rebuilt gear box its not super tuned only about 160bhp

its not to far so i will go and have a look for sure!

cool which car was it i might be able to give you some more details on the car...

Darren, looking in the for sale section, i believe he is talking about J A M E S ' car

Darren, looking in the for sale section, i believe he is talking about J A M E S ' car

dohh yeah just saw that ... cheers matey. :lol: :lol: