Sign in to follow this  
carter711

Best lowering kit for VR6 on speedlines?

Hi,

I've decided to put my speedlines on for a while, just for a change and cheaper tyre costs. I'm going to put 195/45/15 tyres on them.

At the moment I've got a problem with bad tyre wear on my front passenger side wheel (I've got 17" speedlines on atm) so I need to have the wheels

re aligned.

My car is sitting on standard suspension (I've been meaning to buy Weitec coileys for ages but redundancy got in the way) and looks TERRIBLE for it so I want to lower it before I have the wheels re aligned to save having to do it twice!

I want to spend about £250 on some new suspension, coilovers are achievable for this price but from what I've read it's best to buy a spring a dampener kit so that's what I plan to do.

There must be a good kit out there for about £250, can anyone recommend me one please? It would be ideal if you run speedlines and can post a pic up of how much the car has been lowered by.

Thanks.

Koni dampers Eibach springs.

You would have to find some 2nd hand kit though.

I think common consensus now is that KW Variant 1's for £550 is the only way to go for a half decent ride.

Matt

I think common consensus now is that KW Variant 1's for £550 is the only way to go for a half decent ride

I though that for the best ride and price it was Koni TA with H&R springs. I've read through the whole suspension thread and I am still confused with which setup is the best :?

I know if I had the money I would buy KW Variant 3's :D

you should stay with 50 profile with your 195 to keep your speedo etc semi accurate (205/50 is vr standard).

if you want to buy new there is nothing that anyone will "recommend" for £250 - its just not enough for something good.

if you can stretch a bit, the basic coilover set from weitec (actually front coils and adjustable height rear spring/damper) would be the nearest to recommended for about £330 but bear in mind that you should be replacing top mounts etc when you put on new suspension and this is another £100 or so whatever you go with.

bilstein, gmax and spax are the only things that get near to your budget (looking at europerformances website for example) but none of them are very good quality or very comfortable by all accounts. spend £350 instead and be much happier!

I think common consensus now is that KW Variant 1's for £550 is the only way to go for a half decent ride

I though that for the best ride and price it was Koni TA with H&R springs. I've read through the whole suspension thread and I am still confused with which setup is the best :?

I know if I had the money I would buy KW Variant 3's :D

Yes H&R's do offer a softer ride than the Eibach springs. Above was just for reference really.

Matt :)

you should stay with 50 profile with your 195 to keep your speedo etc semi accurate (205/50 is vr standard).

if you want to buy new there is nothing that anyone will "recommend" for £250 - its just not enough for something good.

if you can stretch a bit, the basic coilover set from weitec (actually front coils and adjustable height rear spring/damper) would be the nearest to recommended for about £330 but bear in mind that you should be replacing top mounts etc when you put on new suspension and this is another £100 or so whatever you go with.

bilstein, gmax and spax are the only things that get near to your budget (looking at europerformances website for example) but none of them are very good quality or very comfortable by all accounts. spend £350 instead and be much happier!

See this is the thing, to pay for a good set of shocks and springs it's worth waiting for a bit and getting a good set of coilovers. I've seen on the back page of the latest PVW KWautomotive are offering Weitec HiconGTs for £390.39 which is a very good price. KW1s are £545.34.

What I don't like about 205/50s is the balloon look, and the high price because 205s are alot rarer than 195s.

Cheers for the advice! :wave: