Sign in to follow this  
Bobbywhacker

Hola!

Alright..

Just saw a Corrado VR6, decided to buy it.... now what shall I do with it? I'm thinking BMC induction, Miltek exhaust and possibly one of those amd enlarged throttle body thingies :?

Unless others can suggest better stuff..... also are standard brakes realllllly good enough? I've only taken it for 1 thrash so far and I wasn't pushing it 2 hard, couldn't but feel they felt a bit weak even though the wear on them is minimal

Alright..

Just saw a Corrado VR6, decided to buy it......... also are standard brakes realllllly good enough? I've only taken it for 1 thrash so far and I wasn't pushing it 2 hard, couldn't but feel they felt a bit weak even though the wear on them is minimal

congratulations on your choice of motor :lol: :wink: ................as for brakes you have several options available to you...........go for the Brembo brake conversion from SEAT.......go for the likes of TAROX or PAGID for a bit cheaper or for much cheapness but well recommended...........Ate Power grooves from Euro-car-parts £28-ish+vat per disc and they look better and seem to have a better feel to them over the the standard VW ones

Welcome to the forum! 8)

Most people (including myself!) say that Genuine VAG brake disks and pads are pretty good, although most have a preferred upgrade. Everyone agrees that bleeding the system through and possibly replacing the brake fluid with DOT5.1 makes a difference too... 8)

If you don't know the origins of the disks/pads that are on your newly purchased Corrado, and you don't like the feel of them, I'd bleed the brakes first to make sure it IS the brakes you don't like, then think about changing the disks and pads for something different so that you KNOW what's fitted if that doesn't help...

There's quite a few threads on here about brakes and which to go for and why... Try a search and see if you find anything that makes sense to you for any upgrades... :)

Can the Corrado TB be enlarged any further then? I thought only the Golf had the stepped TB? Mine appears to be 'full bore' and doesn't look like there's much scope for enlargment.

Your first expenditure imo should be having the engine and chassis checked over professionally. Get that right first and then the car will be better prepared for mods.

K

Cheers for the advice.... was also thinking does any1 do a full throttle body conversion for the corrado? I remember seeing them for the likes of the focus and Pug 205 gti's.. i.e. 1 throttle body per cylinder?

in response kev.... amd apparently do a throttle body that is 300 square cm's greater in area than standard..... I say apparently, because I know little about the corrado at the moment

The first thing to do is the suspension if it hasn't been done already. A decent set of coilovers/decent set of sports dampers with matched springs is the best mod you can do to a corrado.

Enlarged TB not really worth it unless in conjunction with other mods to improve the breathing.