Sign in to follow this  
ricickles

uprated injectors

pulled my inlet manifold of today as i have a 50mm one on its way for my 1990 1.8 16v.

i noticed when i removed the lower half of the manifold that the orange plastic that the inectors sit on has cracked at 1 of them.

so i thought i may aswell put new inectors in when i get my new manifold and was wondering if theres any uprated injectors that will offer better performance as its a track car. also how do i remove the plastic injector lining from the manifold?

the K-jet injectors flow well enough for a couple of hundred bhp, more than you'll get from a non-turbo car, nothing wrong with them.

the injector inserts are removed with a big allen key/socket IIRC, they're hex shaped inside

cheers the old ones look pretty tatty though, so what would i need to buy to replace them

obviously the injectors which i belive are these

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Corrado_1.8_1990/p/Car-Parts/Engine-Parts/Fuel-and-Engine-Management/Fuel-Injectors/?431440160&1&3b57bd163677f8d4245d3a0e42e64d44367a7cb9

then ill also need to buy the plastic sleeves and new o rings, i take it these are availible from the stealers.

anyone got the part numbers id be needing?

you should be able to get all the parts from GSF too, although not every branch seem to be able to find both of the sizes of o ring on their systems :roll:

the injectors are the same as the mk2 golf 16v ones, as are the inserts, it may be easiest to get the seals and inserts from VW they shouldn't be much, price up the injectors from VW but you may save a fair bit by shopping around for them.

You can do a few checks to see how good the injectors are, there's a thread on here somewhere showing how I sprayed all of the injectors into bottles to check the spray patterns and amount of fuel delivery.

You basically lift the flap in the metering head and jumper the fuel pump relay pins on the fuse board, so you don't have to crank the engine over.

K-jet injectors last very well, the spray pattern eventually deteriorates but usually doesn't affect the performance much, you might get slightly better starting and smoother running with brand new injectors.