Sign in to follow this  
zaidi

Exterior differences between the Corrado's

Hey guys,

Is there a difference between the corrado models from year to year physically, or did vw just made one model and run that through the life of the corrado making only a change to the bonnet.

BTW what are the other differences between the vr6 model and the other models. Im guessing probably the brakes and suspensions.

Basically im thinking of doing a conversion from a smaller engine to a VR6, and need to know what are the cosmetic difference between the vr6 and the others.

yeah looks good that one, i would never spend all that money on a conversion to put a VR6 engine in... just buy one thats done and sell yours, its hard to get rid of your pride and joy, but worth it!!

Basically some idiot crashed into me 1994 corrado vr6.

I was driving along and some idiot came out of a side road and hit my driver side front wheel, as we both couldnt stop instantly the damage went onto the wing and the door.

Luckly he hit me at an angle so the damage is not scattered and basically between the wheel and the driver door. The hub which holds the suspension is not damaged luckly and its basically cosmetic.

The main problem is the wheel has twisted, and im guessing if i go through insurance they will say the car is a write off, and i want to keep the car. I will probably put some pics up tomorow of the damage.

Anyway so I want to buy the door, front panel, and the wheel hub (assuming the damage is only at the hub) but a bit worried as I dont want my car to look different on the left then on the right side.

So any information is more than welcome.

wouldn't it be much easier and cheaper just to repair your car? I paid under £50 for a late spec wing and door and i'm sure that with them painted it wouldn't have cost much more than £350. Or you could just do a cheap job and do the lot for around £150. Most of the suspension parts you could buy off here cheap enough too. I think if you wanted to do an engine swap to another corrado you would have to change all of the running gear (i'm sure that the VR6 is wider at the front wheels than any other model) so you would still have to repair your bits anyhow.

Take take credit for the doc, its by the old school 'rado'r Andy Brookes.

It's part of the CF Wiki though! wiki.php