Sign in to follow this  
wazza

I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it!!!

My car that is! :camp:

Earlier I picked it up from DG Autotech where it had spent a few weeks in their care having most of the engine rebuilt (low compression in two cylinders along with a multitude of other faults), the brakes upgraded to 288dia, Weitek suspension, Vibra-technics engine mounts, DG Autotech Lazer cut fan brackets and fans... oh the list goes on but what I really want to say is WOW the transformation is unbelievable :clap:

I was handed the keys by Graham when I arrived and invited to take it out for a test drive. Well, sitting here now I still can't believe how different the car feels. I knew the handling would be transformed but their set-up has given me the confidence to 'pootle' around corners like Dave does in his legendary turbo VR... well ok, my 'pootle' is a fair way off Dave's but you know what I mean :norty:

As for the engine... I popped in from time to time to see how the rebuild was progressing and the time and effort put into the rebuild, not to mention Graham's unfathomable patience in removing every scratch from the damaged cylinders, really showed from the moment I pulled away. Obviously from running the first ever Corrado VR4 around for the past few months the improvement would be quite noticable, but I don't think i've driven a car that feels quite like this does now; the engine purrs, pulls beautifully, and from their tests is achieving over 40mpg on a motorway run! (My best on a motorway was 34mpg I think!).

Not to mention my new shiny bits... but i'll let the photo's explain that one :luvlove:

I feel for those people on here who've lost the love for their Corrado, i've never got bored, disheartened or frustrated with my car to the extent of wanting to sell it, and no matter what I look at with a view to replacing it nothing even comes close. Yes its old, and yes I have spent a lot of money on it, but I can't wait to get back in it again tomorrow, even if it is only to drive to work!

So, whats left to say is a big, big thank you to you both Graham and Dave, you've done a top job :notworthy: Now i'm off to put the car, then me to bed and and dream of track days...

Need pics I'm afraid mate!!

I know what you mean though, I love my Corrado and I can't think of anyhting I'd want to replace it with unless I had £15+grand to spend. I'd rather spend any money that I would be saving for a new car, on my Corrado.

I love the looks, handling, power, uniqueness, interior, noise, unpretentiousness, credibility, reliabiltiy, build quality etc etc etc!!

Its quite simply down to a true love for the car.

And I think experiencing ownership of a corrado is something that any performance car enthusiast should have the pleasure of.

If I could take my corrado down the aisle, I'd damn well do that but I don't think the churches would allow it :lol:

Based on the story of the Golf, just don't let your missus near it ;)

Superb news mate - looking forward to seeing it now that it's all assembled! Saw it a few times at the back of the workshop getting fettled! :)

If my rado looks have as good as yours does I will be happy :D

Best colour too 8)