Sign in to follow this  
bttucks

help i have lost 40bhp

hi guys i have corrado g6o have just spent a bit of money doing mods , i have fitted 68mm pulley , 315cc injectors ,billet fuel rail ,chip ,oil cooler ,4 branch and full system with d-cat ,RSR Oulet kit,k&n pannel filter and had supercharger send away to g-wercks and had it up service and uprated to stage 5.had it put on the rollers and it was running at 160 bhp when i just had the 4 branch and full system . now with all the above fitted it is running at a very poor 123bhp i what told that it is because it is fuel very poor , on boost it is at 14.1-15.1 , any ideas what i can do to sort this problem out ? thanks

It looks to me as though it isn't getting the extra fuel at WOT. Check the throttle body and make sure the microswitch on it is activated when the throttle is fully depressed.

what did they say the fueling was like ?, are you sure you have the correct chip for your injectors and not just the one for the pulley otherwise it will be overfueling , this may seem a very stupid question but i have not seen a billet fuel rail for a g60 (im a qualified mechanic but am new to the g60) does the original pressure regulator fit onto this?

ye the reg fit straight on. all they said to me is it is running very lean and that it could be the chip . i got hold of g-wrecks to ask about it and was told from the look of the print out it was not the chip and i should get the fuel pump check out and check the sensors but didnt say what ones ?

did you do the work yourself? if so try and look back at everything you would have moved or disconnected and make sure it all back together correctly, it seems odd that everything was working fine and now it is not so it would point to something you changed, were the injectors new and are they definatly what you think they are ?

check your plugs and see what colour they are and then put the old chip back in and run the car, it should run rough, if at all and after a few mins take the plugs out and check the colour, they should be black if they are not then there could be a fault with the injectors, i have not taken the injectors out of a g60 before but if its not to hard put the old ones back in with the standard chip and see if there is an inprovment.

it seems odd that its running lean , if the chip is definatly fine then it really does point to the injectors, even if some dirt got into the regulator then this would make it run rich if anything , its always good to change your fuel filter so i would do this anyway and there could be a possiability that its the pump but if it was running ok before then its a slim one

where abouts are you from?

i am from pymouth , ye i did all the work my self so will have to go back over it all see if i can fine any thing but a sure i have not missed any thing ,

sounds like it'd definately be worth getting the injectors flow tested to check they are up to the job. then at least it cancells them out. id also try using some high quality fuel ie v-power, as some cheap fuels (supermarkets etc) are actually diluted and shit! haha!

G60 management is designed to run rich when sensors are down however if ecu is not reading boost levels correctly it could be running very lean. Check your metre long vac hope that runs from your throttle body to ecu. Check it is dead on 1m and that there are no breaks to it