Sign in to follow this  
-=Kris=-

Exessive tyre wear... help!

Bought your tyres yet Kris? If you're lucky you'll get some late made F1's - they're good and last a tiny bit longer than Toyos in my experience. Both a cheap in comparison to say Michelin. They're also both darn sticky and hence wear so quick.

I destroyed some Toyos in 5k too on a 2.0L, but camber was setup wrong. What about the toe? Does the VR not have a little bit of torque steer issue? Have they toed them in to compensate? I dont like people fettling with setups if I know Im getting correct tyre wear - kwikfit dont even register on my radar!

You also say it pulls to the left, is that not a combination of torque steer and road camber?

If you went bald on the outer edge and only had say 2mm left in the middle; all that happened in 5k on a VR.... I'd be happy. But if the handling has gone to pot, even on fresh rubber, then I'd get miffed.

the tyres aren't completely worn... but thety are well on thier way...

they still grip like glue! i think that it's because of the soft compound and the face that i do tend to thrash it round corners at times... :nuts:

i will be getting the camber checked out soon... i think by the time it comes for me to get new tyres F1s will all be off the shelves and gone tho...

if this is the right sort of tyre wear for the toyos on my car then i'm not too fussed...