Sign in to follow this  
Madjackal

Fuel and electrical

The idle of my VR is a little uneven and as I have never really bothered looking into this I thought it was time. I have cleaned the ISV and air filter and now want to change the plugs, lead and injectors however just wanted some advice as to what are they best of each.

I was thinking factory plugs, Magnecor leads and red top injectors. Any other suggestions? I'm just really after smooth running and reliability as opposed to trying to squeeze any BHP where I can. Just so we are on the same page with regard to my interpretation of 'best'.

Cheers

Al

I used the 7mm black Magnecors and they were the source of two misfires on my VR. I did something crazy like removing them to change the plugs and each time one of em gave up :mad2:

A mate of mine uses the blue ones (8.5mm I think) and they've survived a couple of plug changes. Not sure about the 10mm red ones. Gone back to VW ones and they've been fine... I won't be using Magnecors again but I'm sure plenty are happy with them

Personally stick to original if you can. NGK plugs. VW leads and best bet would be to get your injectors sonically cleaned, AFAIK red tops are only necessary for BIG power...