Sign in to follow this  
B41LEY

Suggestions for new daily car ???

Starting a new job in the next couple of weeks and going to be doing 40+ miles a day, don't fancy putting the miles on my vr plus the bad weather is coming so going to buy something cheap just to thrash to and from work everyday through the winter months. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on what i should buy???????

Budget is about £400 and i need to get sensible mpg so engine size is important. Any ideas??? Thanks Ian

MK2 Golf 1.3?

I've got a 1.4 Pug 306 for running about in, cost £400 and it's been absolutely faultless for a year now believe it or not

i've been driving a 1.25 fiesta for the last couple weeks and its actually not that bad.. went about 40 miles for a wedding last night and the fuel guage hardly moved!

I have got a 1.4 polo mate, its a great wee car paid £450 for it, it hasnt let me down so far and its not bad on the fuel, its also surprisingly nippy for a 1.4 i was pleasntly surprised.

get a small engined mk2 golf mate as still plenty mk2 gti's rolling into the scrappers so could pick up set bumpers and archs. cheap set 15's and slam it on springs, then you got yaself a cheap runaround while still looking good in a dub.

ferrari enzo

he said 400 not 400,000 knub nuts :lol:

diesel is always a good option but recon you'd struggle with that budget

my daily is a Mk3 tdi golf cl but was 700

just bought a FIAT CINQUECENTO horrible car but dont care as i get 50mpg and £120 year tax lol if the kids wreck it i dont care but when im out in the corrado just checking the mirrors every 20 secs to see if there have dropped sweets ect. but now ive got a cheapy means my car can get the money spent needed to get it right up together :D

Spotted this on ebay, be perfect for using daily, recon it might fetch more than i can affordpolo.jpg[/attachment:aiqq6t4l]