Sign in to follow this  
Abdul

Brake lights/side lights are confused!

Hi guys, changed my brake light bulbs a few days ago (standard replacement bulbs) and have since noticed that my sidelights come on if i hit the brakes aswell!!

Any clues as to what could be causing the problem? Im hoping its not a short in the wiring.

Cheers,

Abdul

You put the bulbs in the wrong way round. The rear brake/sidelight bulbs are supposed to be keyed to only go in one way, but if you're a little ham fisted (like me) you can inadvertently force them in 180 degrees out.

Dr Mat, what do u mean the wrong way round? Ill have a fiddle with them tommorow and see what happens lol.

Are you sure there the right bulbs? Sounds like you've fitted bulbs with a single element in them rather than the 2 elements needed?

Are you sure there the right bulbs? Sounds like you've fitted bulbs with a single element in them rather than the 2 elements needed?

2 elements? Can someone put up a link to the bulbs i need so i can just buy em online? lol.. Im not going to lie, i think its quite cool when the sidelights flash with the brakes but i dont want any electrical probs because of it so its probably best that i fix it!

Anyone tried those LED bulbs?

Thanks,

Abdul

I did this once and it was wrong bulbs (single filament instead of double). Just pop into Halfords- they always have a bulb application guide next to the bulbs ;)

I did this once and it was wrong bulbs (single filament instead of double). Just pop into Halfords- they always have a bulb application guide next to the bulbs ;)

Cheers mate.