Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought i would take the VR out for a wee sunday drive 2day, i got up to where the car is kept during the week tryed to pop the bonnet to connect the battery but the handle would not realese the bonnet i couldnt get it to open :epicfail: i tryed fiddleing about with the handle but nothing :mad2: , i need some advice on this please as i cant get to drive my pride and joy :(

cheers

paul

push down on the front corners that may help if not a pair of grips on the cable inside the car you may have snaped the small metal clip on the lever end

hope this helps

Cheers millerman i shall try that, just pull the cable with the molegrips yeah? the car has been sat for over a week d'nt understand how it could be snapped its frustrateing not being able to drive the car its such a nice day up here.

Use the drivers seat belt to hook around the bonnet release handle to hold it 'open', then just push down on the corners of the bonnet, and it should pop up. If not, then the cable is fubared.

Otherwise try this knowledge base article jammed_bonnet_opening_tips

I've had a cable snap and needed to release both pins manually - now theres a task and a half!!!!!

For the offside, as kev says, jack up and you can reach up and release that one. the hard one is the nearside cos you can't get it from below!!!

The only way i found to do this was:

1. Remove the grill - not the easiest operation in itself with the bonnet shut and i think i snapped a couple of the top clips. 2. Cut the plastic shroud on the radiator nearside to allow access toward the bonnet pin. 3. Using newly created access route having cut the shroud, use a tie wrap or similar to loop around the spring metal retaining bar that retains the bonnet pin and pull, thus simulating the pull the cable would normally perform.

A bit destructive but I can't really see any other way of doing this and it's better than jemmying the bonnet !!!!

Taken from the knowledge base article... ;)

i read that too when mine was stuck. i got in but didn't cut anything, only broken the front grill a little.

once the grill is off there is room to get a metal rod with a hook on the end (like the rod in door that links the interior handle to the lock/catch ;) get that in there and hook onto the mech and pull towards you.

Right i was up at the car last night and tryed all the tricks seatbelt round the handle, pushing down on the two corners but nothing, only the drivers side will pop up :mad2: , i managed to get the grill off and had a look i think the cable has snapped near the release pin, so iam going to source a metal hook of some kind, how do you go about releaseing the pin i had a look last night but not being the most mechanically minded i couldnt figure it out, i need some urgent advice as i want to take the car out this weekend,

Cheers

Paul

I have the same problem with mine so i need two people when ever i need to open the bonnet, one to pull the catch and one to push down on where the spring sits under the front end (about a foot in from the passenger wing)

Hope this helps :)

had a look at your pics i think i know how to do it now i can get my hand in there and felt that the cable had snapped just past the part in the pics, so ill give it a try 2mo and see how i get on,

cheers

ok so i got the bonnet open and i realised that the cable had just become slack so i tightened it at the latch on the passengers side, but now the bonnet pops open on the drivers side while driveing along, is it just a matter of slighly slacking the cable again?