Sign in to follow this  
Flexso

Im afraid the Corrado is gonna have to go!

Right guys,

Some of you might of seen my 16v i used to have. Well the need for more power and I ended up with this! Started off as a bit of a dog, but looks alright now.

Bits bought or replaced so far:

Fan motor

109 relay

thermostat housing. (popped on the motorway)

Lots more pics and bits being change to come. What do you guys think?

That looks very nice ,cool colour 8) 8)

Go on p/m me how much you paid for her :lol: :lol:

Just for future reference when I go to buy :lol:

Mmmm storm grey, my favourite colour on a corrado 8)

see its weird cos its Ice grey violet. Its a very strange colur that seems to look different in all lights. I love Storm grey aswell.

i dont like ice gay corrado's,

only joking mate it still looks like a nice one, just get a new camera and take some pics in the day.

seen it for the first time at action and its a smart car mike got yourself a goodun!

Cheers Tom,

Was good to see you on the weekend. Your was looking awesome going down the quarter mile.

Right, little update on the VR. Turns out the guy who had it before me decided not to tighten up the bolts on the front calipers after changing the pads. Nice suprise when I took off the wheels.

Water pump has been changed now. Whilst it was being done I find out that the front engine mount was completely loose!

Anyway its sound now. MOT today!

Looking good Mike. 8) 8)

Obviously you always have to spend a bit to get it up to scratch -----but you cant complain ---can you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope the MOT goes ok and you get to start enjoying the driving experience :D

well im afriad it fail the MOT too hot.

Not bad things though. couple of bulbs out. Rear pads need to be changed, so treated myself to some green stuff pads :D

well im afriad it fail the MOT too hot.

Not bad things though. couple of bulbs out. Rear pads need to be changed, so treated myself to some green stuff pads :D

Not really the worst mate and relatively cheap fixes. :wink:

I always check all my lights before going for an MOT ,I just hate to think that the car fails on something as simple as a bulb out :( :(

yeah I dont know why I didnt check them. But then again I was pretty busy aquiring two new tires, a windscreen etc :lol:

I wonder how long the list would of been if I put it through the MOT the day after I bought it! :D

little update. Car is in as we speak for it retest. fingers crossed. In the the meantime after the maiden head meet, I thought it was time to smarten up the engine bay.

What do you think? It a work in progress at the mo.

anyone no a good place to get the engine covers for my vr6 as my ones are a bit battered as the fella who had it before me didnt give her tlc :cuckoo:

Theres usually some on here, ed38 and good ol flea bay. I had one that was really badly stained and sprayed it metallic silver and it looks really good.

Looking good Mike, those covers really freshen up the bay, but you need to polish your inlet manifold! :D

Money pit is right, it seems like every time I get into mine something goes. Latest is a bulb in the clocks... :brickwall:

Looking good Mike, those covers really freshen up the bay, but you need to polish your inlet manifold! :D

Money pit is right, it seems like every time I get into mine something goes. Latest is a bulb in the clocks... :brickwall:

Cheers mate,

Well the inlet is actually prob gonna be powder coated. I have some funky ideas for the engine to make it stand out a bit, so watch this space. Also thought the breather on the rocker cover was a nice touch.

More photos of progress coming :D

Right guys,

The plastic painting is finished!! what do you guys think of the finished job? I think I am gonna polish the mainfold.

looking really good mate! vr engines are such nice engines and really dont take that much to make them look nice! your manifold does need polishing though! hehe

looking really good mate! vr engines are such nice engines and really dont take that much to make them look nice! your manifold does need polishing though! hehe

Thanks Tom, I will be getting out the sander soon and getting that mani upto scratch. Was pretty easy job a got good result. More bits to do still though.

RIght guys. Im afraid my Corrado is gonna have to go. It has been replaced with something rather nice :D

What do you think?

The VR6 will be going up for sale very shortly, so if anyone is particularly interested in a bargain then get in touch. I havent decided on a price yet but it will be cheap for a VR6!!!!