Sign in to follow this  
rich86

NEEDING a radiator! :( pg3

Hey guys!

going to view a rado this evening, :clap:

i dont know a great deal about the car at the mo, all i know is its a 1.8 16v and theres no issues with running gear but the body work is a bit "tired" as well as the interior. ive gone through the knowledge base and printed that off, so i know what to look out for. if all appears well with the it will be my drivable project car! :D

is there anything else i should look out for?

the viewing went well last night guys!

the bodywork wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be, 1 dent on left rear arch that could do with pulling out. and various little dents here and there which again could either be pulled out or filled, will be giving it a rub down and respray anyway.

what lets it down the most is the interior, bolster ripped and general untidy. most of the fan vents are damaged and various plastic trim is missing, all electrics work apart from the spoiler :) but shouldnt be a hard fix.

engine was quiet, with no smoke and looks in good con. and mot until jan 30th.

500 pound is what the guy is after, i think it is a reasonable price and shouldnt need alot of work to get it looking nice.

any suggestions?

Doesn`t sound the worst most of it is as you say is cosmetically challenged plastic trim in the interior.

You should be able to do something with the seats,whether you repair or replace them.

If you are happy make him an offer and take it from there. :)

Happy days :)

yeah i think i will to be honest.

ive already seen a replacement interior (fronts seats and back), from a 03/04 audi tt for less than a hundred quid! :cheers:

will make him an offer before this week is over and hopefully be a proud corrado owner in next few weeks.

its definatly got the potential be a good clean example with a bit of work.

You'll need some custom subframes to fit the TT front seats, I'm pretty sure it has/can be done though. Should improve it massively. Lets see some pics!!

You'll need some custom subframes to fit the TT front seats, I'm pretty sure it has/can be done though. Should improve it massively. Lets see some pics!!

Sorry no pics at the mo, but may go view it again somepoint this week to do a couple more checks. so will take some then! i completely forgot about it last night. :brickwall:

forgot to mention its got some 17" wheels on it too.

right, going to view the car again tomoz so will get some pics up afterwards.

ive just done some searches on here of some things i noticed on my 1st viewing.

1. the temp light was flashing - i believe this can be cured from topping up the resevoir as it was almost empty.

2. it feels stiff to get it into gear, how ever i only tried it while stationary, will be having a lil test drive tomorrow. on here theres a couple of suggestions. clutch slave, master cylinder or the clutch its self. but it does engage into gear.

1. the temp light was flashing - i believe this can be cured from topping up the resevoir as it was almost empty.

It can be cured by topping up,but why is it nearly empty?

it will be a good idea to have a good look round to see if there are any leaks.

Check it before you take it out for a test drive and again when you come back :)

i will be doing just that! :D

went i 1st looked at it monday there was no obvious signs it was leaking, while it was running and afterwards.

but i couldnt test drive it at the time as the battery wasnt connected properly, lol.

will be doing a more thorough inspection tomo.

good news! :D

im going to be a corrado owner by mid next week! :clap:

will be working on it pretty much straight away, getting it tidied up, etc etc. will get some pics taken finally when it gets home!

ohhhh not long now! :clap:

be picking it in 2 hours! its soooo exciting, lol.

i will be pic whoring this evening!

let the whoring commence, lol. its not in perfect cond, but engine is strong and quiet, comments welcome

9621_256457695075_549365075_8898472_1559367_n.jpg

9621_256457700075_549365075_8898473_4267980_n.jpg

9621_256457715075_549365075_8898474_1007423_n.jpg

9621_256457730075_549365075_8898475_7341751_n.jpg

9621_256457750075_549365075_8898477_8129104_n.jpg

9621_256457765075_549365075_8898478_2869692_n.jpg

9621_256457740075_549365075_8898476_7850315_n.jpg

i think its just the picture, there is various little dents and scrathes.

plus the pics were taken with my phone.

starting work on it today, going to change over the wheels (hopeing the fit) and look over why the indicators arent working properly. i think its missing the relay.

ok, i sorted out my fuses and relays, this needed to be done as my indicators wasnt working and a couple other things! but all gd now :clap:

next on my list is to take out the interior including all plastics.

what tools are needed, and on a scale of 1 - 10 how easy 10 being easy 1 being hard?

will post pics of my progress asap.

Probably about a 2 on a scale of 10. There's nothing tricky though - the worst parts are some hidden screws here and there and not knowing whether something just pulls off. Also the FACT that you will be left with tons of trim and clips at the end once you've finished! :)

(Moved this to Members Gallery)

the first things i will be removing are the front seats. so this should help out with getting access to them awkward screws!

i am planning on spraying all the plastics a nice gloss black, with plenty of lacquer!

replacing the carpet with a black one, and hopefully replace the interior with a better conditioned black interior.

while all this is going on i will be wiring in a 4/5 ch amp under a front seat. this will power a set of components at the front and ive not planned the back yet, lol :wink: as i dont know what speakers will be best for it lol. i dont want no subs doh.

I can't remember what clearance is like on the standard front seats (as opposed to Recaros, which sit really really low) but is there not a danger that with the seat in a low position, it will be sitting on the amp?

lol i wouldnt know at the moment as this is my first Rado and VW.

may sound silly but if i have the seat set low i cant see over the bonnet :epicfail: , i currently drive a mr2 and i have that seat set as low as it can go. and have no problems lmao.

the bonnet kinda reminds me of a yank muscle car, lol.

ok yesterday was quite productive! i got all the seats and pretty much all the plastic trim out only a few bits left.

in about an hour it went from this!

9621_258741545075_549365075_8937388_1790444_n.jpg

9621_258740285075_549365075_8937371_3930291_n.jpg

to this!

9621_258740290075_549365075_8937372_5073072_n.jpg

9621_258740295075_549365075_8937373_1001576_n.jpg

the only thing that stumped me a bit was removing the dashboard its self. can anyone tell me how to do it?

There's a thread in the Interior forum explaining how to do the heather matrix (think the title mentions non-Canada style). That has a good write up and pics of what you need to do.

It's not a bad job but can be tricky in places. Hardest part is probably the glove box removal and getting the bolts that attach the dash through the bulkhead in the engine bay but not show-stoppers at all.

oh right awesome! i shall check it out.

yeah that glove box is a right pig :censored: lol. when i removed the front seats i was amazed at how easy that was, 1 10mm nut and slide the seat all the way back. as the meerkat would say simples!