Sign in to follow this  
CIPO

Major service mods.

I've had myVR from 50K and I now have 120k on the clock. Can anyone let me know of any stuff has had to be changed in that time above and beyond the usual service ie. oil change, air and fuel filter?????

Cheers.

Serpintine belt meant to be changed approx 60k miles,Brake fluid is bi-annually,coolant also bi-annually......thats all i can think of that sometimes gets overlooked

VW will treat it as a major service but depending on what has and hasn't been done, there could be loads of other stuff you want to think about - timing chains?, coolant refresh, gbox oil etc....

The full VW service also includes bizarre stuff like greasing the door hinges, sunroof slider and so on. You'll be looking at rear axle bushes too at that mileage, I've never known a VW survive 100K+ without needing them.

Yes, if you've not done it, I'd seriously consider coolant flush and change aswell as brake and gearbox fluid.

I presume you've serviced the car at an independant or done it yourself, and now wondering what you might have missed, cos otherwise you'd have a stack of receipts!