Sign in to follow this  
t4slc

alternator whistle noise?

I have recentely replaced my whole sound system. Pioneer HU, 3 sets of focal speakers (set in the dash, door cards and trunk), 3amps, 2x 2Channel MTX 200Watts and 1x 4Channel Kicker 400Watt. Plus 1 subwoofer. 4 channel amp is controlling speakers in the dash and door cards. First MTX controlling rear speakers, second MTX bridged for subwoofer control. Tsunami 1.2F capacitor feeding into two power blocks. Power block 1 for signal wires and power block 2 for power wires. I did not cheap out on anything used gold connectors for the speaker connections. The speaker wires and RCA cables run on passanger side where there is no other wires, and the power feed wires are comming from the drivers side along with the signal wire.

Every time i start the car there is a little noise comming out of all the speakers. More i rev the car louder the noise. The noise can be masked out if i pass half way of HU volume power. Once the song fades out the noise is still there. Anyway to get rid of this? I have tried grounding the HU as suggested on another forum and installing a conditioner/supressor onto the alternator.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow to show the setup in the trunk.

passenger side does seem to have electrical noise so try reroute your rca leads through the middle of the car i did this

and it stoped also ensure all your earths are good to all the amps headunit etc

this should help

well i have tried re-routng the wires down the center its still the same buzzing sound. WTH is going on?? i am gonna try running -120dB noise cancel speaker wire on one of the speakers and see what happens.