Sign in to follow this  
foggyblackpool

g60 4 pot stage 4?

Ive just emailed a seller about a car and have been informed it has a stage 4 charger thats 4 pot which makes it stronger and more powerful?

Ive seen a fair few g60s with this upgrade and im just wondering how much of an upgrade it really is?What sort of 0-60 should i expect?

Mainly so i have bragging rights over a mate whos just ordered the new fiat 500 abarth essesse!

Cheers folks.

Actually re-reading the advertisement its a stage 2 charger with a chip and pulley from jabba sport?

How far off the performance of a vr6 are we talking there?

Loving reading around the forums so far by the way,lots of interesting finds!

very similar performance with those sort of mods

can be taken over 200bhp with some head work,breathing mods and a general tune

remember a G weights about 100kg less than a VR too which can help a bit with low down performance

just make sure theres a reciept to prove charger rebuild :wink:

I think he means 4 port, this means the charger is one of the later ones (around '92) which has a 4 port outlet instaed of a 6 port, the one in the pic is a 6 port, 4 port G-Laders are supposed to be stronger and you can see if it had only 4, more charge air would flow through :)

When he says stage 2 he means the ports have been opened up and polished to let more charge air through, stage 4 would be opened up even more.

With a good chip and pulley and stage 2 porting to the charger you should have around 190bhp, the same as a standard VR6, so it should be a bit quicker than a standard VR6 :norty:

g60 charger.jpg[/attachment:1db2lwue]

Hope that sheds some light 8)

With a good chip and pulley and stage 2 porting to the charger you should have around 190bhp, the same as a standard VR6, so it should be a bit quicker than a standard VR6 :norty:

But sound like a washing machine on full cycle and the charger would grenade within a thousand miles :tongue:

Cheers chaps,190bhp should do for now!How much is head work and making it breath easier(i assume id be looking at a new intercooler and that sort of thing?)going to set me back?I like the sound of being quicker than a standard vr6!

And if it sounds like a washing machine on full cycle atleast the missus will like it,i joke i joke.

I was told that although 4 pot chargers flow better, 6 pot were the stronger. Have I been misinformed :scratch:

As for making it breath easier, your first purchase should be an RSR outlet. Then it will be things like having your throttle body knife edged.

Head work can get pretty pricey. I'm now saving to get the manifold, head and cam all changed at once.

A stage 2 rebuild is a standard rebuild with no porting isnt it? :scratch:

http://www.jabbasport.com/superchargers.php

Or if you want it to last AND have a valid and useable Warranty .... G-Werks

Avoid Jabba, they are concentrating on Turbos and from what I hear their G-Lader work's Hit and Miss at best... have met more than one G-owner with exploding Jabba Laders in short timescales...