Sign in to follow this  
colinstubbs

Stripped sparkplug threads? Young's Garage to the rescue!

Wurth Time-Sert sparkplug kit.

Don't know if anyone knows of this kit but I've just used it today on my wife's X-reg 1.2 16v corsa :pukeright: to reinstate the stripped sparkplug threads in the block. 8)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf16092009468.jpg[/attachment:3felps6y]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf16092009466.jpg[/attachment:3felps6y]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf16092009467.jpg[/attachment:3felps6y]16092009471.jpg[/attachment:3felps6y]

It consists of a cutter that uses what's left of the old threads as a guide to cut new ones, a seat cutter slots over this to ensure everything is square and then a copper thread insert is screwed in and expanded with a 3rd tool to give you a compression-proof seal. :clap:

A Big Mega Thanks to Nick at Youngs Garage, Gasoline Alley, Wrotham, Kent, TN15 7RR who lent me the kit.

He's a top bloke and although he was way too busy with VWs and Audis...(..and it's a vauxhall!!) he was still able to save us an expensive head off bill (prob £400??) that could have otherwise resulted had it gone to a garage, :salute: :salute: :salute:

Just need the coil to turn up in the post, bang in the new plugs and I can see if it's totally fixed. :lol: :lol:

its a heli coil kit i have one from snap on when this happened to mine about 6 years ago i also lent it to someone on here

yes a great bit of kit !! :D