Sign in to follow this  
wippy

G60 cutting out under wot

just started doing this today ,it starts and runs fine but when you put your foot flatout it cuts out for half a second then goes again then cuts out ect ect its not miss firing on one cylinder but all of them , i dont now if anyone has had a turbo jap car before but it feels like my old 200sx when it hit fuel cut from running to much boost.

i am thinking it may be one of a few things , dodgy coil , dodgy lead (from coil to distributer) or dodgy hall sensor, or could it be a fuel problem ?

Has anyone had this problem before s i dont go changng things that dont really need replacing :salute:

Hi,

I would suspect the car is not set-up correctly in terms of fueling, the reason is that at WoT the lambda has no input for fuelling adjustment so that car is dependant on having the CO potentiometer set correctly.

The lambda also does not work when cold but the ECU knows this from the BTS (blue temp sender) and adds extra fuel during the warm up phase.

It could be a fair few other things too but if the car is behaving normally under part load and idle then it's best to start with a proper set-up check first.

i'm having the same problem. Only happens above 5000 rpm. Didnt found the problem yet.