Sign in to follow this  
funboxvr6

Overheat Light Flashing After Recent Oil Cooler Problem

Hi All

Question is on behalf of my old man who's got a 16V. Recently his oil cooler lunched itself causing much mayo all over the place in the cooling system etc. His mechanic has fixed it and cleaned out the system but now even when the engine is cold, the over temp light comes on (flashing). The fan's kicking in at temperature and the engine isn't overheating so thinking this could be a sensor/wiring issue? Question is, where is the sensor, could it be crudded up with mayo, can it be checked?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks

im have an intermittant similar problem, my oil light(i think its the same overheating one) is flashing at me and making a buzzing noise, yet theres actually no problem.

wierd one but when his does it, have u tried flashing the main beams, when i do 9times out of 10 it stops it,which makes me think wiring problem.

Depends which light you mean, the one on the temperature gauge is actually a low coolant level warning (primarily that is, it does warn of a high temp in conjunction with the gauge as well, just to confuse things). The sensor for which plugs into the expansion tank.

The one along the bottom of the dash was more for oil pressure I thought.