Sign in to follow this  
watto1986

First major issue

Hi All

I am now having the first major issue since buying my VR.

Problem started with a small oil leak. I booked her into the garage and for the week I was waiting ensured the oil level was always OK. Never the less on route to the garge the leak became more severe and 1/2 mile from the garage the pressure light came on. I then just coasted it in.

The leak has been fixed but since then the acceleration has been lumpy and following me disconnecting the battery over night the car is having more problems.

Firstly on start up the rev build then drop to 900ish but will rev up and down around that mark without throttle by say 200rpm.

Also if I build the revs and leave to drop back down the car sometimes just stalls. :(

When turning the ignition off again there is a short noise as if a bearing is faulty and slowing to a stop, however there is no bearing noise at revs.

Could this be a crank shaft bearing? Or timing chain? btw the timing chain is yet to be changed @115k? :shrug:

Thanks for any advise.

Chris

Hi All

I am now having the first major issue since buying my VR.

Problem started with a small oil leak. I booked her into the garage and for the week I was waiting ensured the oil level was always OK. Never the less on route to the garge the leak became more severe and 1/2 mile from the garage the pressure light came on. I then just coasted it in.

The leak has been fixed but since then the acceleration has been lumpy and following me disconnecting the battery over night the car is having more problems.

Firstly on start up the rev build then drop to 900ish but will rev up and down around that mark without throttle by say 200rpm.

Also if I build the revs and leave to drop back down the car sometimes just stalls. :(

When turning the ignition off again there is a short noise as if a bearing is faulty and slowing to a stop, however there is no bearing noise at revs.

Could this be a crank shaft bearing? Or timing chain? btw the timing chain is yet to be changed @115k? :shrug:

Thanks for any advise.

Chris

The bearing noise does sound like a dry stater,once you release the key from start position the starter will slow down and a grone...ish noise will be noticable.

As for the stalling problems,i would check for an airleak,look for split or cracked ISV damper pot near your throttle body,this leed direct into the idle valve.