Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Typical...

I took the day off work to sort out a few things I didnt get done over xmas, drove to Tesco for a bit of shopping and on my way out some dosey woman reverses out of a space straight into the side of me (stationary) doing just enough damage to require the entire side of the car to be painted, great! :?

Thats the second time I have been hit in a Tesco car park, I'm going to exclusivly use sainsburys from now on!! They go on about all these accident blackspots but in my experience supermarket car parks are one of the most dangerous places!

Erk! Sorry to hear that m8! :(

I take it she has taken full responsibility for the damage??

I got hit in the side by a dosy bat reversing out of a space too! That's conclusive proof that Tescos attracts crap women drivers.

Was it the G60 that got bumped? Or your Sister's Polo which you drive around in cause it's faster? :lol:

Seriously tho....if it was the Corrado then absolute bummer :x

I hope you got the dapsey cow's insurance details?

I bet it was the Copdock Tescos? That particular store is full of knuckle scraping dumb arses....

Feel gutted for you mate....

K

Yeah, cheers guys, she took responsibility - it was quite funny as this other woman comes over and starts having a go at her about checking mirrors etc as she had seen what had happened and i also have there details as a witness.

The woman mentioned paying me cash but don't think she's expecting to pay as much as its going to be, she looked and the dent and scratch and i think she assumed that they would just paint that bit but being a pearl they need to paint a much bigger area!

- at the bodyshop we also discovered altho the door opens/shuts fine, the bottom does not match the rear quarter as if one has been bent in or out as a result of being hit higher up, not sure which has moved tho...

Yeah Kev it was at Martlesham, your right about copdock - thats where I had my incident in brand new company focus a few years ago - had it been there it would probably have been a write off!!

Be very suspicious of anyone offering a cash settlement - usually means they're not insured or maybe she thinks your estimate will come to less than her XS. How VERY wrong she is, especially if your ins company's preferred repairer is Rackhams!

K

Yeah, I took it to Ipswich body repairs that used to be the VW approved place near adastral park (BT), they will send me a quote -

They are good blokes and did a top job on my Golf when it was hit be a coal lorry sliding down my road one winter. They also know about Corrado's etc, I asked him why there not VW approved any more and he says its because they were not making enough from the dealers compared with what they had to pay VW for being approved!

Your right about rackhams kev, very expensive and poor quality work!

Rackhams used to be excellent, whereas I've found the opposite with Ipswich Car Body Repairs. My my Mum's old Golf CL (which subsequently became mine) went in for rear-end repairs and it leaked water after wards and the paint faded 2 weeks later (Tornado). It went in for another respray to rectify the pigmentation blunder and the second paint job was better, but still went pink. After a 3rd attempt (and another failed attempt to fix the water leak) we went to MG Kerry and they not only sorted the leak (wrong boot seal used), but their blend of Tornado never went pink on us.

Just my tuppence on Shitswich Car Body Repairs....

K

In the industrial estate behind Airport garage on Nacton road. His son is also in the business using Ipswich Car Body repairs' old premises opposite the Tescos where you received your shunt funnily enough. He's done a lot of paint for me in the past and I've always been pleased with the results.

K

ok cool, I need to get a comparison quote anyway, i'll head down there 2moro if i'm bored at work - Do you think ipswich body repairs are better now? - my red golf was done by them 2 years ago and was spot on!

The problem i have now got is that I'm getting one side done and I am tempted to get the other done, plus the front end, rear bumber, tailgate, spoiler, roof etc, know what I mean! - can't really afford it but might think about it later in the summer, see what sort of job they do on this side first!

Yeah they probably are to be honest......when my Golf was done (10 years ago!) they were really shady.

Might aswell get it all done whilst it's in to be honest, cheaper in the long run.

You can get them to align the tailgate properly whilst it's there too!

Haha - I did mention the tailgate to him and he said he'd have a look it it!

Whats a good price for a proper full respray? Probably want to renew some seals at the same time etc....

Upwards of £1500 private, double that if your insurance company are paying!

The beauty of the insurance coughing up is that all the plastics, seals etc are all replaced, AND the panels! Downside is the XS.....but you'll get a far better job than if that woman gave you a lump of cash to do it!

K

unlucky mate, at least you caught them at it though, mine was fit twice in a week a couple of months ago, both at night, and of course no details were left :(

Yeah cheers dave, yes got all details etc, to be honest it doesnt look had at all until you get up close then you realise the work involved!

Online shopping from now on!!

i hate shopping at tescos with a passion, too busy, and full of idiots, i've only looked at the online site once, it seemed like too much hard work, so I left left, Dominos all the way for me :D

['H3R4POR]i hate shopping at tescos with a passion' date=' too busy, and full of idiots, i've only looked at the online site once, it seemed like too much hard work, so I left left, Dominos all the way for me :D[/quote']

I tend to do my shopping at around 2am at our local 24hour tescos... Take as long as you want, no rush, no hassle, no kids getting in the way, no noise - bliss... shopping as it should be! 8)

Insomnia is sometimes a blessing! :wink:

Insomnia is sometimes a blessing! :wink:
It's also a health risk mate :lol:

yeah, probably... But then, so is my Corrado... The stress factor from it over the 6 months have probably knocked years off my life! :roll: :wink: I do reckon that the de-stressing that I'll get from the grin I'll have when I drive it again will make up for it though! :D

['H3R4POR]whats the current ETA mate?

hows that bumper working out?

It's getting there... :roll: I've had some problems with the guy who owns the shop next door to my house who's decided he wants to turn it into a restaurant/bar and Hotel! So I've been busy drumming up support from my neighbours to object to the plans and going to all sorts of planning meetings and talking to the town's Civic society to try and get the plans thrown out... :twisted: Think I'm winning so far! :wink:

I reckon that it'll still be ready for Feb 22nd (DubFreeze) and anything before then is a bonus... 8)

I've just sent a load of the engine bits off for powdercoating so all work on the engine has stopped again, but it'll make the finished car sooooo much better :wink:

The bumper's not had much done yet. I've been trying to get hold of a sheet of ABS plastic the same thickness as the hole where the vents are so I can weld 'em up, and I should be getting that later this week so I can get cracking on the bumper this weekend.

I also had a close run in with my Charger... I decided that it'd be a good idea to get Darren (G-Man) to give it a quick once over, and I'm damned glad I did! :shock: All of the bearings had thrown their grease out and were shot, and the Apex seal had shrunk and wasn't looking too clever! This is on a charger that's got less than 16K in 14 months after a full Stage 4 from a certain other tuning company who's reputation is rapidly turning to $#![£... :mad:

So, a mild porting later to match it to my new outlet for my new intercooler and a bit of a rebuild later, I should be safe for a while... Thanks to Darren! 8)

It's been a bit of a long term project this now... 22weeks off the road and counting... :?